5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mediterranean Sea
- The Middle East
- Gupta Dynasty
- a Indian Empire (320 CE-550 CE) known for re-establishing Hinduism and for achievements in math and science.
- b Before agriculture, men and women are believed to have a greater degree of equality. But after the rise of agriculture, most human societies became ________
- c Chinese civilization began as small kingdoms and dynasties on this river, named after the color of the loess-type soil.
- d This body of Water separates Europe and Africa
Christianity first developed in Palestine on the Eastern Mediterranean Sea, which is in what general region of the world?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mesopotamia is the land between what two rivers?
- Christianity and Buddhism, though fundamentally very different both are offshoots of older exclusive ethnic-based religions. Each spread throughout the reminents of a great classical empire of the time. Because anyone could join these new religions, they could be described as _______.
- Starting in approximately 2500 BC, the Akkadians invaded the Sumerians and created what is probably the first ______, which is when societies are in some way taken over and dominated by a central authority.
- Both Greece and Japan owe their advancement to the fact that they ______ ideas from other more sophisticated regions (China in the case of Japan and the Middle East in the case of Europe)
- Although initially it was seen as a bizarre cult and was violently persecuted, eventually it gained acceptance and in the 300s became the official religion of the Roman state.
5 True/False questions
Roman Empire → Existed from 27 BCE to about 400 CE. Conquiered entire Mediterranean coast and most of Europe. Ruled by an emperor. Eventually oversaw the rise and spread of Christianity.
Han → Chinese Dynasty (206 BCE - 220 CE) ruled a centralized and growing empire for 400 years. Complex centralized buraucracy with Civil service system based on Confucianism. Traded on Silk Road.
Persian Gulf → This body of water separates the Arabian peninsula from the more mountainous land of Persia
Historiography → The study of how history is done, such as how different people perceive past events and how a source's point-of-view impacts its portrayal of the past.
Mediterranean → This body of Water separates Europe and Africa