5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Agricultural Revolution
- a Although initially it was seen as a bizarre cult and was violently persecuted, eventually it gained acceptance and in the 300s became the official religion of the Roman state.
- b Hindu and Buddhist belief that souls are reborn into new bodies over and over.
- c Resulted not only in a more reliable food source, but also in a shifting of dependancy and power to males over females, the claiming and defending of land, and the establishment of the first political and religious institutions.
- d In about the 1500s BCE these people were migrating tribes from present-day southeast Russia. Some traveled to Europe, some to Persia, and some to India. Thus, today many people in Europe, Perisa, and India share some lingustic, cultural, and biological roots.
- e This American civilization is most famous for its many pyramids, and its relative mathematical and scientific accomplishment of the time.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Classical Rome and China both had new foreign religions that spread widely in their empires due to the fact that both had built networks of these.
- Chinese religion from 500s BCE that emphasized following the mystical and indescribable "Way." It celebrated the chaos and contradictions of reality as well as the harmony of nature. The Yin and Yang symbolizes many aspects of this religion.
- All three of the classical empires (Romans, Han, and Gupta) faced the threat of invasion by this central Asian pastoral nomadic group.
- He and his father defeated and united the weakened Greek city-states and he defeated the Persian Empire in 330 BCE thus spreading Greek culture and influence throughout Western Asia.
This body of water is North of present-day Turkey.
5 True/False Questions
Ashoka → Leader of the Mauryan dynasty of India who conquered most of India but eventually gave up violence and converted to Buddhism.
tones → Chinese language is made up of four different _____ which change the meaning of the words being spoken.
These mountains separate India from China and are the tallest in the world.
Empire → Starting in approximately 2500 BC, the Akkadians invaded the Sumerians and created what is probably the first ______, which is when societies are in some way taken over and dominated by a central authority.
Karma → This American civilization is most famous for its many pyramids, and its relative mathematical and scientific accomplishment of the time.