5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mediterranean Sea
- Urban Revolution
- a Chinese religion from 500s BCE that emphasized following the mystical and indescribable "Way." It celebrated the chaos and contradictions of reality as well as the harmony of nature. The Yin and Yang symbolizes many aspects of this religion.
- b The name of the first culture in the world to develop cities.
- c Between approximately 4000 and 1500 BCE human societies in certain river valleys transformed from Neolithic farming villages into more complex urban societies. What might this transition be called?
- d This American civilization is most famous for its many pyramids, and its relative mathematical and scientific accomplishment of the time.
- e This body of Water separates Europe and Africa
5 Multiple choice questions
Famous example of Roman engineering that also made possible the existence of large cities.
- Indian Empire (320 CE-550 CE) known for re-establishing Hinduism and for achievements in math and science.
- Chinese Dynasty from 1750 BCE to 1050 BCE. Area around Yellow River valley. First dynasty we have physical evidence of (oracle bone writings and bronze art).
- This body of water separates the Arabian peninsula from the more mountainous land of Persia
- Greatest empire in the world up to 500 BCE. Spoke an Indo-European language. A multi-ethnic and multi-religious empire. Fell to Alexander the Great.
5 True/False questions
universal → Christianity and Buddhism, though fundamentally very different both are offshoots of older exclusive ethnic-based religions. Each spread throughout the reminents of a great classical empire of the time. Because anyone could join these new religions, they could be described as _______.
Shi Huangdi →
Called himself the First Emperor. He united China and buried himself with hundreds of terracotta soldiers.
Roman Republic → This city state was ruled by a senate, spoke Latin, and borrowed heavily from Greek culture. They militarily expanded their territory for centuries but the senate eventually was overthrown by an imperial system.
BCE → Dates that countdown backwards to the year zero.
Inca → Dates that countdown backwards to the year zero.