5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Agricultural Revolution
Although it had a rich and sophisticated civilization, this American empire did not have a written language.
- b People in this region developed complex urban societies and empires without the benefit of large pack animals or Iron technology.
- c The study of how history is done, such as how different people perceive past events and how a source's point-of-view impacts its portrayal of the past.
- d Both Greece and Japan owe their advancement to the fact that they ______ ideas from other more sophisticated regions (China in the case of Japan and the Middle East in the case of Europe)
- e Resulted not only in a more reliable food source, but also in a shifting of dependancy and power to males over females, the claiming and defending of land, and the establishment of the first political and religious institutions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The name of the first culture in the world to develop cities.
- Classical Rome and China both had new foreign religions that spread widely in their empires due to the fact that both had built networks of these.
- Greatest empire in the world up to 500 BCE. Spoke an Indo-European language. A multi-ethnic and multi-religious empire. Fell to Alexander the Great.
- Two failed attempts by the Persian Empire in the 400s BCE to conquer the Greeks in the 400s BCE
- This body of water separates the Arabian Peninsula from Africa.
5 True/False questions
Fertile Crescent → This body of water separates the Arabian Peninsula from Africa.
Shang → Chinese Dynasty from 1750 BCE to 1050 BCE. Area around Yellow River valley. First dynasty we have physical evidence of (oracle bone writings and bronze art).
Han → Chinese Dynasty (206 BCE - 220 CE) ruled a centralized and growing empire for 400 years. Complex centralized buraucracy with Civil service system based on Confucianism. Traded on Silk Road.
Huns → Chinese Dynasty (206 BCE - 220 CE) ruled a centralized and growing empire for 400 years. Complex centralized buraucracy with Civil service system based on Confucianism. Traded on Silk Road.
Urban Revolution → A turning point in the stone age when humans began farming.