5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Neolithic Revolution
- The Middle East
- a A turning point in the stone age when humans began farming.
- b Chinese civilization began as small kingdoms and dynasties on this river, named after the color of the loess-type soil.
- c In about the 1500s BCE these people were migrating tribes from present-day southeast Russia. Some traveled to Europe, some to Persia, and some to India. Thus, today many people in Europe, Perisa, and India share some lingustic, cultural, and biological roots.
Christianity first developed in Palestine on the Eastern Mediterranean Sea, which is in what general region of the world?
- e Before agriculture, men and women are believed to have a greater degree of equality. But after the rise of agriculture, most human societies became ________
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Christianity and Buddhism, though fundamentally very different both are offshoots of older exclusive ethnic-based religions. Each spread throughout the reminents of a great classical empire of the time. Because anyone could join these new religions, they could be described as _______.
- Indian Empire (320 CE-550 CE) known for re-establishing Hinduism and for achievements in math and science.
- Resulted not only in a more reliable food source, but also in a shifting of dependancy and power to males over females, the claiming and defending of land, and the establishment of the first political and religious institutions.
- Means "land between the rivers" and refers to the region of present-day Iraq.
- People in this region developed complex urban societies and empires without the benefit of large pack animals or Iron technology.
5 True/False Questions
Sumerians → The name of the first culture in the world to develop cities.
Christianity → Although initially it was seen as a bizarre cult and was violently persecuted, eventually it gained acceptance and in the 300s became the official religion of the Roman state.
Roman Empire → Greatest empire in the world up to 500 BCE. Spoke an Indo-European language. A multi-ethnic and multi-religious empire. Fell to Alexander the Great.
Aqueducts → People in this region developed complex urban societies and empires without the benefit of large pack animals or Iron technology.
imported → Both Greece and Japan owe their advancement to the fact that they ______ ideas from other more sophisticated regions (China in the case of Japan and the Middle East in the case of Europe)