5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Julius Caesar
- Persian Gulf
- a This body of water separates the Arabian peninsula from the more mountainous land of Persia
- b Starting in approximately 2500 BC, the Akkadians invaded the Sumerians and created what is probably the first ______, which is when societies are in some way taken over and dominated by a central authority.
- c During a civil war the Roman Senate allowed him to become a dictator but he refused to give it up and the senate eventually killed him. But his name came to mean "emperor".
- d Chinese religion from 500s BCE that emphasized following the mystical and indescribable "Way." It celebrated the chaos and contradictions of reality as well as the harmony of nature. The Yin and Yang symbolizes many aspects of this religion.
- e Chinese dynasty in 200s BCE. Lasted 15 years. Unified Chinese kingdoms, built the Great Wall and its emperor was the legalistic Shi Huangdi.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Hindu and Buddhist belief that souls are reborn into new bodies over and over.
- This body of Water separates Europe and Africa
- Chinese language is made up of four different _____ which change the meaning of the words being spoken.
- A Hindu and Buddhist concept that by doing good to others, good will happen to you (and vise versa)
- The name of the first culture in the world to develop cities.
5 True/False Questions
Han → Chinese dynasty in 200s BCE. Lasted 15 years. Unified Chinese kingdoms, built the Great Wall and its emperor was the legalistic Shi Huangdi.
These mountains separate India from China and are the tallest in the world.
Black Sea →
This body of water is North of present-day Turkey.
Christianity → Chinese belief system from 500s BCE that emphasized family loyalty, respecting elders, education, obedience, and ancestors.
Americas → The name of the first culture in the world to develop cities.