5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Persian Wars
- Mediterranean Sea
- a Two failed attempts by the Persian Empire in the 400s BCE to conquer the Greeks in the 400s BCE
- b Chinese dynasty in 200s BCE. Lasted 15 years. Unified Chinese kingdoms, built the Great Wall and its emperor was the legalistic Shi Huangdi.
- c This body of Water separates Europe and Africa
- d The Phonecian traders brought the first alphabet from the Middle East to the Greeks because both were seafaring traders in this sea.
- e A traditional and somewhat controversial term to describe an urbanized society with written language, complex social, political, and religious institutions.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Chinese language is made up of four different _____ which change the meaning of the words being spoken.
- This American civilization is most famous for its many pyramids, and its relative mathematical and scientific accomplishment of the time.
- The Sumerians, Egyptians, and Americans all built different types of this kind of structure because they all had a heavily centralized governments with emperors who were seen as closely tied to religion or were even seen as gods.
- A Hindu and Buddhist concept that by doing good to others, good will happen to you (and vise versa)
- Although initially it was seen as a bizarre cult and was violently persecuted, eventually it gained acceptance and in the 300s became the official religion of the Roman state.
5 True/False Questions
BCE → Dates that countdown backwards to the year zero.
Alexander the Great → He and his father defeated and united the weakened Greek city-states and he defeated the Persian Empire in 330 BCE thus spreading Greek culture and influence throughout Western Asia.
Greeks → Chinese language is made up of four different _____ which change the meaning of the words being spoken.
roads → Classical Rome and China both had new foreign religions that spread widely in their empires due to the fact that both had built networks of these.
Julius Caesar → During a civil war the Roman Senate allowed him to become a dictator but he refused to give it up and the senate eventually killed him. But his name came to mean "emperor".