5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Persian Wars
- Alexander the Great
- a Belief system that started in India in the 500s BC. Happiness can be achieved through removal of one's desires. Believers seek enlightenment and the overcoming of suffering.
- b Chinese Dynasty (206 BCE - 220 CE) ruled a centralized and growing empire for 400 years. Complex centralized buraucracy with Civil service system based on Confucianism. Traded on Silk Road.
- c He and his father defeated and united the weakened Greek city-states and he defeated the Persian Empire in 330 BCE thus spreading Greek culture and influence throughout Western Asia.
- d Two failed attempts by the Persian Empire in the 400s BCE to conquer the Greeks in the 400s BCE
- e The name of the first culture in the world to develop cities.
5 Multiple choice questions
Although it had a rich and sophisticated civilization, this American empire did not have a written language.
- Before agriculture, men and women are believed to have a greater degree of equality. But after the rise of agriculture, most human societies became ________
- In about the 1500s BCE these people were migrating tribes from present-day southeast Russia. Some traveled to Europe, some to Persia, and some to India. Thus, today many people in Europe, Perisa, and India share some lingustic, cultural, and biological roots.
- The study of how history is done, such as how different people perceive past events and how a source's point-of-view impacts its portrayal of the past.
- This body of Water separates Europe and Africa
5 True/False questions
roads → Classical Rome and China both had new foreign religions that spread widely in their empires due to the fact that both had built networks of these.
Yellow → Chinese civilization began as small kingdoms and dynasties on this river, named after the color of the loess-type soil.
Persian Empire → Existed from 27 BCE to about 400 CE. Conquiered entire Mediterranean coast and most of Europe. Ruled by an emperor. Eventually oversaw the rise and spread of Christianity.
Reincarnation → A traditional and somewhat controversial term to describe an urbanized society with written language, complex social, political, and religious institutions.
Fertile Crescent → The swath of land in the Middle East where agriculture and later urbanization and later the first empires began.