5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Crisis Years/Post War Uncertainty
- Amelia Earhart
- William Butler Yeats
- a militant-political movement, emphasizing loyalty and obedience. not clearly defined (communism is clearly defined, whereas fascism is not) there is a dictator, individual rights are looked down upon, belief that classes had a place and a function, nationalist belief.
- b Irish poet and dramatist (1865-1939)
- c the period of time after the war where the people were unsure of what would happen next and they were still recovering from the war
- d The doctrines of nationalism, racial purity, anti-Communism, and the all-powerful role of the State. The National Socialist German Workers Party, otherwise known as the Nazi Party. Nazism was advocated by Adolf Hitler in Germany.
- e First female pilot to cross the Atlantic. She disappeared while trying to fly around the world.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A plan to revive the German economy, the United States loans Germany money which then can pay reparations to England and France, who can then pay back their loans from the U.S. This circular flow of money was a success.
- English comedian and film maker; portrayed a downtrodden little man in baggy pants and bowler hat
- cars, refridgerator, washing machine, iron, vaccuum, coffee pot
- Foreign Ministers who attempted to improve relationships between the two countries.
- Spanish General; organized the revolt in Morocco, which led to the Spanish Civil War. Leader of the Nationalists - right wing, supported by Hitler and Mussolini, won the Civil War after three years of fighting.
5 True/False Questions
lebensraum → Hitler's expansionist theory based on a drive to acquire "living space" for the German people. Plan was to conquer eastern Europe and Russia
Sigmund Freud → The Third German Empire, established by Adolf Hitler in the 1930s.
Friedrich Nietzsche → A German philosopher who believed that the strength that produces heroes and great artists springs from something beyond reason. He criticized Christianity and democracy for empowering the mediocrity of the sheeplike masses.
isolationism → a policy of avoiding contact with other countries, political ties should be avoided
Jean Paul Sartre → a major leader of the existentialist movement. a philosopher.