5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Il Duce
- theory of relativity
- Francisco Franco
- Friedrich Nietzsche
- a Spanish General; organized the revolt in Morocco, which led to the Spanish Civil War. Leader of the Nationalists - right wing, supported by Hitler and Mussolini, won the Civil War after three years of fighting.
- b a philosophy based on the idea that people give meaning to their lives through their choices and actions
- c the Leader; Benito Mussolini
- d (physics) the theory that space and time are relative concepts rather than absolute concepts
- e A German philosopher who believed that the strength that produces heroes and great artists springs from something beyond reason. He criticized Christianity and democracy for empowering the mediocrity of the sheeplike masses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- English comedian and film maker; portrayed a downtrodden little man in baggy pants and bowler hat
- a major leader of the existentialist movement. a philosopher.
- giving in to an aggressor to keep peace
- cars, refridgerator, washing machine, iron, vaccuum, coffee pot
- temporary alliance of several political parties. never lasted very long.
5 True/False questions
Albert Einstein → Hitler's expansionist theory based on a drive to acquire "living space" for the German people. Plan was to conquer eastern Europe and Russia
Gustav Stresemann and Aristide Briand → Foreign Ministers who attempted to improve relationships between the two countries.
T.S. Eliot → American who became a British citizen; won the Nobel Peace prize in literature; wrote poetry and drama
New Deal → to provide people with money, to buy food and housing, and to put them back to work after the Great Depression, created by Franklin D. Roosevelt
Pablo Picasso → A plan to revive the German economy, the United States loans Germany money which then can pay reparations to England and France, who can then pay back their loans from the U.S. This circular flow of money was a success.