5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Function of Dorsal Funiculi within white matter?
- What are the 4 branches of the spinal nerve as it emerges from through intervertebral canal?
- What are the clinical signs seen when peripheral nerves are damaged?
- What structure contains cell bodies of sensory afferent neurons and axons made up of dorsal root and portion of the spinal nerves?
- T/F. White Matter contains dorsal and ventral root fibers.
- a Position and Movement of limbs in space
- b Paresis, Paralysis, Atrophy of muscles, Decreased sensation to cutaneous zones and decreased or absent reflexes
- c 1. Meningeal = largely sensory
2. Dorsal = Sensory and motor
3. Ventral = Sensory and motor
4. Communicating branches = GVE and GVA
- d Dorsal Root Ganglion (DRG)
- e True
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Contains cell bodies of preganglionic sympathetic neurons
- Innervation of regional mm and skin
Preganglionic sympathetic neurons
- Ventral roots
- Dorsal and ventral roots of spinal nerves that compose the brachial plexus and attach to the spinal cord segments.
* Supplies sensory and motor innervation to the thoracic limb
- Receive, process and relay afferent info from the dorsal root fibers
5 True/False Questions
Does Grey Matter contain cell bodies? → 1.Cranial Cervical Region C1-C5
2. Cervico Thoracic Region C6-T2
3. Thoracolumbar Region T3-L3
4. Lumbosacral Region L4-S2
5. Sacral Region S1-3
6. Caudal Region Cd 1-5
What structure brings sensory fibers into the brain? → Dorsal Horn, Intermediate Zone, Ventral Horn and Lateral Horn
Functions of lumbosacral spnal cord region? → Innervation to perineum, external anal sphincter and parasympathetic preganglion to viscera of pelvis and urinary bladder
* Sciatic nerve receives fibers S1-2
In the dog, where does the spinal cord end? → 1.Sensory input and motor output for neck, trunk, limbs, and tail
2. Reflexive control of patterned movement and adjustment of glandular activity in response to local afferent input without voluntary control
3. Transmit info to and from brain
Functions of the sacral spinal cord region? → Innervation of regional axial mm and skin, skin and mm of pelvic limb = Pelvic Plexus
* Partial Supply to bladder and perineum