5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Functions of thoracolumbar spinal cord region?
- In the dog, where does the spinal cord end?
- What structure contains cell bodies of sensory afferent neurons and axons made up of dorsal root and portion of the spinal nerves?
- What structure brings motor efferent fibers from the cell bodies in the spinal cord to effector structures?
- Function of Ventral Horn within grey matter
- a End @ L4 before cauda equina begins
- b Motor neurons send axons through ventral root to innervate mm. fibers
- c Ventral roots
- d Dorsal Root Ganglion (DRG)
- e Innervation of regional mm and skin
Preganglionic sympathetic neurons
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Muscle and Neuromuscular Junction, Peripheral Nerves, Spinal Cord Segments, Brain (Medulla, Pons, Cerebellum, Midbrain, Thalamus,and Cerebrum)
- Dorsal and ventral roots of spinal nerves that compose the pelvic plexus and attach to the spinal cord segments.
* Supplies sensory and motor innervation to the pelvic limb
- Innervation of regional axial mm and skin, skin and mm of pelvic limb = Pelvic Plexus
* Partial Supply to bladder and perineum
- Both sensory and Motor
- Paresis, Paralysis of Quadriceps mm., Loss of sensation to medial aspect of pelvic limb and decreased patellar tenson reflex.
5 True/False Questions
What structure brings sensory fibers into the brain? → Dorsal Roots
Function of Lateral Funiculi within white matter? → Same as lateral = Both Ascending sensory and Descending Motor Pathways
Function of lateral horn within grey matter → Motor neurons send axons through ventral root to innervate mm. fibers
Is white matter formed by myelinated or unmyelinated axons? → Both myelinated and munmyelinated
Function of Ventral Funiculi within white matter? → Same as lateral = Both Ascending sensory and Descending Motor Pathways