5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Lady Capulet wants the wedding day to stay Thurs. because she needs time to organize the food. But Lord Capulet is so determined to have the wedding on Wednesday that he promises to make the arrangements himself.
- - She's in heaven (a better place)
- To stop her from being so sad by forcing her to spend time with others. Also he doesn't want peoople to think Juliet is weird because she spent an unusual amount of time mourning for the death of Tybalt.
- - What if the mixture doesn't work?
- What if it works too well (actually a poison) and F. L. is trying to kill her?
- What if I wake before Romeo comes?
- In that case, what if I suffocate? Will I go mad (dance with the bones of dead people?
- -Juliet is sound asleep...Nurse cannot wake her
4 True/False Questions
How will Romeo know the plans? → Friar Laurence will send another Friar (Friar John) with a letter that tells Romeo about the plans.
What is Juliet planning on doing if Friar will not help her? Cite line numbers as evidence. → She plans to kill herself. (line 67)
What is the deal with Peter and the musicians? → Friar Laurence will send another Friar (Friar John) with a letter that tells Romeo about the plans.
What plan do Juliet and the Friar come up with on Tuesday evening? There should be 4 steps. Why is timing so important? → 1. Go home and cheerfully consent to marry Paris
2. Tommorow night, make sure you are alone (no nurse) and drink the vial of potion.
3. Fall into a death-like trance for 42 hours.
4. Wake and go with Romeo to Mantua.
Timing is important because the morning after she takes the vial is when she is due to be married.