5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Comic Relief --> suspense
- Friar Laurence will send another Friar (Friar John) with a letter that tells Romeo about the plans.
- It opens with Capulet talking to a servingman about cooks for the wedding. This is used as comic relief because the previous scene was very heavy. It also adds suspense.
- To stop her from being so sad by forcing her to spend time with others. Also he doesn't want peoople to think Juliet is weird because she spent an unusual amount of time mourning for the death of Tybalt.
- -Juliet is sound asleep...Nurse cannot wake her
4 True/False Questions
List some of the fears that Juliet expresses in her famous soliloquy in scene iii. Look at lines 14-58. → - What if the mixture doesn't work?
- What if it works too well (actually a poison) and F. L. is trying to kill her?
- What if I wake before Romeo comes?
- In that case, what if I suffocate? Will I go mad (dance with the bones of dead people?
What plan do Juliet and the Friar come up with on Tuesday evening? There should be 4 steps. Why is timing so important? → 1. Go home and cheerfully consent to marry Paris
2. Tommorow night, make sure you are alone (no nurse) and drink the vial of potion.
3. Fall into a death-like trance for 42 hours.
4. Wake and go with Romeo to Mantua.
Timing is important because the morning after she takes the vial is when she is due to be married.
Describe Lord Capulet's reaction to find Juliet. → - depressed ( only daughter is dead)
What is the Friar's real reason for wanting to slow down the wedding plans between Paris and Juliet? → -Juliet is sound asleep...Nurse cannot wake her