5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- She plans to kill herself. (line 67)
- To stop her from being so sad by forcing her to spend time with others. Also he doesn't want peoople to think Juliet is weird because she spent an unusual amount of time mourning for the death of Tybalt.
- To create suspense.
- To buy some time to reveal Romeo and Juliet's marriage, to get Romeo back, and also because he knows Juliet is already married to Romeo
- Comic Relief --> suspense
4 True/False Questions
How will Romeo know the plans? → Friar Laurence will send another Friar (Friar John) with a letter that tells Romeo about the plans.
Describe the Nurse's reation to finding Juliet. → - depressed ( only daughter is dead)
List some of the fears that Juliet expresses in her famous soliloquy in scene iii. Look at lines 14-58. → - What if the mixture doesn't work?
- What if it works too well (actually a poison) and F. L. is trying to kill her?
- What if I wake before Romeo comes?
- In that case, what if I suffocate? Will I go mad (dance with the bones of dead people?
How does Act IV, scene ii open? Why? → It opens with Capulet talking to a servingman about cooks for the wedding. This is used as comic relief because the previous scene was very heavy. It also adds suspense.