← 6 History 11 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Justinian I
- General Belisarius
- a circus performer
- a What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
- b Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?
- c What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
- d What did Constantine outlaw?
- e Who was the first great emperor of Byzantium that ruled from 527-565?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
- Who are the barbarian people that ruled the city of Carthage?
- What was the new, much shorter law code called?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
5 True/False Questions
the Greens & the Blues → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
Roman empire prospers → What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
where the Black Sea flows into the straits of the Bosporus across from Asia Minor → What was the new, much shorter law code called?
Greek colonists → What was the church built in the form of?