5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Haggia Sophia
- where the Black Sea flows into the straits of the Bosporus across from Asia Minor
- Corpus Juris Civilis OR The Body of Civil Law
- a What was the new, much shorter law code called?
- b What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- c Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- d What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
- e What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- What did Constantine legalize?
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
5 True/False Questions
it's safe & a good place for trading → Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
a Greek cross → What was the church built in the form of?
rioted → What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
Harbor → Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
repaired the city walls → The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?