5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her.
- Topography: has an inland plateau formed by the Taurus & Pontic mountain ranges.
Natural Resources: Large mineral deposits & Oil.
- 4 years
- Greek colonists
- a Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
- b Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- c How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
- d Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- e Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?
- Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?
- Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
5 True/False questions
Justinian I → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
mosaics → What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?
it was far away from the wars & invasions among the barbarians in other parts of Europe → Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
a circus performer → What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
General Belisarius → Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?