5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roman empire prospers
- it was far away from the wars & invasions among the barbarians in other parts of Europe
- Christian holidays & churches
- a What did Constantine outlaw?
- b Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- c What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- d What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- e What did Constantine legalize?
5 Multiple choice questions
- To trade with Asia, people could also travel around the _____?
- Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- What was the new, much shorter law code called?
5 True/False questions
Vandals → How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
hippodrome → Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
minarets → What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
Aegean & Mediterranean Seas → Where could the Athenians sail west to trade with the Greeks, Romans, and North Africans?
Haggia Sophia → Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)