5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- He made Constantinople more beautiful. He built churches, government buildings, public baths & aqueducts.
- a How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
- b Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
- c What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
- d What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- e What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
- What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
- Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
5 True/False Questions
Constantine → Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?
We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code. → Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
Constantinople → What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
Roman empire prospers → What was the church built in the form of?