5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a circus performer
- Justinian I
- it was far away from the wars & invasions among the barbarians in other parts of Europe
- Christian clergy
- Roman empire prospers
- a Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- b What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- c Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- d Who was the first great emperor of Byzantium that ruled from 527-565?
- e What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
- Where could the Athenians sail west to trade with the Greeks, Romans, and North Africans?
- What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
- What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
- How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
5 True/False Questions
barbarian → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
Haggia Sophia → What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
General Belisarius → Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?
a Greek cross → Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
Christianity → What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?