5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roman empire prospers
- He made Constantinople more beautiful. He built churches, government buildings, public baths & aqueducts.
- We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code.
- India & China
- a Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
- b What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- c Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- d How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
- e Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did Constantine outlaw?
- Who was the first great emperor of Byzantium that ruled from 527-565?
- What did Constantine legalize?
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
5 True/False questions
rioted → Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
Haggia Sophia → What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
Christianity → Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
Aegean & Mediterranean Seas → What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
a circus performer → What was the church built in the form of?