5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- it's safe & a good place for trading
- where the Black Sea flows into the straits of the Bosporus across from Asia Minor
- Aegean & Mediterranean Seas
- India & China
- General Belisarius
- a Where could the Athenians sail west to trade with the Greeks, Romans, and North Africans?
- b Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?
- c Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- d Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- e Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
- What did Constantine outlaw?
- Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
- Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- What was the church built in the form of?
5 True/False Questions
Christian holidays & churches → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
Constantine → Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?
rioted → What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
Constantinople → What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code. → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?