5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Corpus Juris Civilis OR The Body of Civil Law
- Topography: has an inland plateau formed by the Taurus & Pontic mountain ranges.
Natural Resources: Large mineral deposits & Oil.
- Roman empire prospers
- a What was the new, much shorter law code called?
- b What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?
- c Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- d What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- e What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did Constantine legalize?
- What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
5 True/False questions
General Belisarius → Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?
Harbor → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
the Greens & the Blues → What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
He made Constantinople more beautiful. He built churches, government buildings, public baths & aqueducts. → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
hippodrome → What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?