5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- General Belisarius
- Haggia Sophia
- Roman empire prospers
- a What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
- b What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?
- c What did Constantine outlaw?
- d What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- e Who was sent to re-conquer the western provinces?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
- What did Constantine legalize?
5 True/False questions
Vandals → How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
a circus performer → What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
repaired the city walls → The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?
Harbor → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
He made Constantinople more beautiful. He built churches, government buildings, public baths & aqueducts. → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?