5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Justinian I
- His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her.
- Christian clergy
- a Who was the first great emperor of Byzantium that ruled from 527-565?
- b Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- c What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
- d What did Constantine outlaw?
- e Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
- Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?
- To trade with Asia, people could also travel around the _____?
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
5 True/False questions
Christian holidays & churches → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
the Greens & the Blues → What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
Tribonia → Who did Justinian hire to simplify the law? (he's a member of the court)
Greek colonists → Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
Egypt, Carthage, and Italy → What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?