5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her.
- Justinian I
- Christian holidays & churches
- Christian clergy
- a Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- b What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- c Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- d Who was the first great emperor of Byzantium that ruled from 527-565?
- e What did Constantine legalize?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
- Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
- What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
5 True/False Questions
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
it was far away from the wars & invasions among the barbarians in other parts of Europe → Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
a Greek cross → Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
4 years → How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
Constantine → What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?