5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a circus performer
- Corpus Juris Civilis OR The Body of Civil Law
- a Greek cross
- the Greens & the Blues
- a What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
- b What was Theodora before she married the emperor?
- c What was the church built in the form of?
- d What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
- e What was the new, much shorter law code called?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
5 True/False questions
Greek colonists → What was the church built in the form of?
We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code. → Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
where the Black Sea flows into the straits of the Bosporus across from Asia Minor → What was the new, much shorter law code called?
hippodrome → What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
Tribonia → What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?