5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- where the Black Sea flows into the straits of the Bosporus across from Asia Minor
- it was far away from the wars & invasions among the barbarians in other parts of Europe
- 4 years
- a Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?
- b What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
- c Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- d How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
- e Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- What was the church built in the form of?
- What was the new, much shorter law code called?
- Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
5 True/False questions
We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code. → Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
mosaics → What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
barbarian → Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
a circus performer → What was Theodora before she married the emperor?