5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christian clergy
- Egypt, Carthage, and Italy
- He made Constantinople more beautiful. He built churches, government buildings, public baths & aqueducts.
- a What places did General Belisarius conquer?
- b How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
- c Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
- d What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
- e What did Constantine outlaw?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?
- Who are the barbarian people that ruled the city of Carthage?
- Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
- What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
5 True/False questions
Christianity → What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
Justinian I → Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
Greek colonists → Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
minarets → What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?