5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Christian holidays & churches
- repaired the city walls
- Haggia Sophia
- Black Sea
- a What did Constantine legalize?
- b What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- c What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?
- d To trade with Asia, people could also travel around the _____?
- e The Greens & the Blues played games, but they also guarded the city & _______?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- What places did General Belisarius conquer?
- What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
- How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
5 True/False Questions
the Greens & the Blues → What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
Harbor → What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
it's safe & a good place for trading → Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
Christian clergy → Constantine gave ______ the same benefits that were enjoyed by pagan priests.
Constantine → Who's the Roman emperor that found the village of Byzantium, and he rebuilt the city?