5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roman empire prospers
- it's safe & a good place for trading
- India & China
- where the Black Sea flows into the straits of the Bosporus across from Asia Minor
- a What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
- b Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- c Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
- d Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
- e Describe where they built the village Byzantium?
5 Multiple choice questions
- How long did it take Tribonia to finish the code (law)?
- Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- What did the Roman emperor change the name of the city & it became one of the greatest cities in the world?
- Describe the topography and natural resources of Turkey?
- What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
5 True/False questions
Egypt, Carthage, and Italy → What did Constantine use as a unifying force within his kingdom?
Greek colonists → Who built the village of Byzantium and they are from Athens?
Black Sea → To trade with Asia, people could also travel around the _____?
minarets → What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?
the Greens & the Blues → What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?