5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city
- Justinian I
- it's safe & a good place for trading
- the Greens & the Blues
- a Greek cross
- a Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
- b What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
- c What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
- d Who was the first great emperor of Byzantium that ruled from 527-565?
- e What was the church built in the form of?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
- What did Constantine legalize?
- What's the name Romans gave to nomadic people who did not have the same culture as Rome & did not speak Latin or Greek?
- What was the new, much shorter law code called?
- What did Justinian believe that could happen through a good system of law?
5 True/False questions
He made Constantinople more beautiful. He built churches, government buildings, public baths & aqueducts. → How did Justinian take advantage of the destruction after the Nika Riots?
Harbor → Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
minarets → What did the Ottoman Turks add, that is four surrounding towers in 1453?
Tribonia → What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
India & China → What was the most famous structure that Justinian built at this time & the church still stands today?