5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Black Sea
- it was far away from the wars & invasions among the barbarians in other parts of Europe
- We know a lot about the Roman law. Some modern countries base their legal system on the law code.
- a Who are the barbarian people that ruled the city of Carthage?
- b Describe some lasting effects of Tribonia's work?
- c To trade with Asia, people could also travel around the _____?
- d Why was Constantine's new city so secure?
- e What did Constantine outlaw?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is a large open-air stadium that Belisarius attacked the Blues & the Greens as they were holding a meeting?
- What were many of the pictures in the churches, which are pictures made of small stones or pieces of glass set in mortar?
- Byzantium was a good location for trade because they had a _______ north of the village?
- What did the Greens & the Blues do when they disagreed with the government?
- Why do you think the Athenians moved from Athens to Byzantium?
5 True/False questions
high taxes; they looted & burned much of the city → What was the cause of the Nika Riots, and what did the club members do?
His wife Theodora wanted to die an empress rather than run; He stayed with her. → Why did Justinian not run for his life during the Nika Riots?
the Greens & the Blues → What are the sports clubs that almost everyone in Constantinople belonged to?
Christian holidays & churches → Where did people travel across land to sell spices & silk?
Egypt, Carthage, and Italy → What places did General Belisarius conquer?