← test 9/15/09 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- what are some constellations in the sky?
- what is the purpose of the US time zones and longitude lines?
- what is Plieades
- what are the special scientific significance of zodiac constellations?
- how many longitudial lines are there?
- a 24
- b a time zone is roughly 15 degree increment of longitude
- c they are along the ecliptic (within 8 degrees of the ecliptic)
- d the 7 little sisters; an asterism
- e the zodiac constellations
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- measured in degrees; the extension of longitude into space
- the scorpian
- the bull
- our current pole star
- 90 degrees latitude
5 True/False Questions
how do you find polaris in the night sky? → big dipper, cassiopeia
what constellation is Jupitar found in? → location other celestial objects
declination → measured in degrees; the extension of latitude into space
how manyh degrees does the earth pass through each hour? → 15
what thing is associated with the Gemini constellation? → maiden- goddess of the harvest