5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- a an anxiety disorder in which a person is continually tense, apprehensive, and in a state of autonomic nervous system arousal
- b psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety
- c an anxiety disorder marked by a persistent, irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object or situation
- d false beliefs, often of persecution or grandeur, that may accompany psychotic disorders
- e an anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nightmares, social withdrawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience
5 Multiple choice questions
- the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (Fourth Edition), a widely used system for classifying psychological disorders. Presently distributed in an updated "text revision" (DSM-IV-TR).
- psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes. See major depressive disorder, mania, and bipolar disorder.
- the concept that diseases have physical causes that can be diagnosed, treated, and, in most cases, cured. When applied to psychological disorders, the medical model assumes that these mental illnesses can be diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms and cured through therapy, which may include treatment in a psychiatric hospital.
- a group of severe disorders characterized by disorganized and delusional thinking, disturbed perceptions, and inappropriate emotions and actions
- a rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Also called multiple personality disorder.
5 True/False questions
Psychological Disorder → an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
Panic Disorder → an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
Mania → an anxiety disorder marked by a persistent, irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object or situation
Dissociative Disorders → psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning
Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) → a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more three key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity