5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Personality Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Mood Disorders
- Medical Model
- a an anxiety disorder characterized by unwanted repetitive thoughts (obsessions) and/or actions (compulsions).
- b psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning
- c an anxiety disorder marked by a persistent, irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object or situation
- d psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes. See major depressive disorder, mania, and bipolar disorder.
- e the concept that diseases have physical causes that can be diagnosed, treated, and, in most cases, cured. When applied to psychological disorders, the medical model assumes that these mental illnesses can be diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms and cured through therapy, which may include treatment in a psychiatric hospital.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a mood disorder in which a person experiences, in the absence of drugs or a medical condition, two or more weeks of significantly depressed moods, feelings of worthlessness, and diminished interest or pleasure in most activities
- an anxiety disorder in which a person is continually tense, apprehensive, and in a state of autonomic nervous system arousal
- an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
- psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety
- a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more three key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity
5 True/False Questions
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) → a rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Also called multiple personality disorder.
Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) → a rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Also called multiple personality disorder.
Schizophrenia → a group of severe disorders characterized by disorganized and delusional thinking, disturbed perceptions, and inappropriate emotions and actions
Mania → an anxiety disorder marked by a persistent, irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object or situation
Dissociative Disorders → psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning