5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- a an anxiety disorder characterized by haunting memories, nightmares, social withdrawal, jumpy anxiety, and/or insomnia that lingers for four weeks or more after a traumatic experience
- b psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes. See major depressive disorder, mania, and bipolar disorder.
- c a mood disorder in which the person alternates between the hopelessness and lethargy of depression and the overexcited state of mania. (Formerly called manic-depressive disorder.)
- d psychological disorders characterized by distressing, persistent anxiety or maladaptive behaviors that reduce anxiety
- e a group of severe disorders characterized by disorganized and delusional thinking, disturbed perceptions, and inappropriate emotions and actions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more three key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity
- a rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Also called multiple personality disorder.
- an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
- the concept that diseases have physical causes that can be diagnosed, treated, and, in most cases, cured. When applied to psychological disorders, the medical model assumes that these mental illnesses can be diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms and cured through therapy, which may include treatment in a psychiatric hospital.
- a personality disorder in which the person (usually a man) exhibits a lack of conscience for wrongdoing, even toward friends and family members; may be aggressive and ruthless or a clever con artist
5 True/False Questions
Dissociative Disorders → psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning
Personality Disorders → disorders in which conscious awareness becomes separated (dissociated) from previous memories, thoughts, and feelings
Psychological Disorder → an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
Mania → a mood disorder marked by a hyperactive, wildly optimistic state
Delusions → false beliefs, often of persecution or grandeur, that may accompany psychotic disorders