5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mood Disorders
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Major Depressive Disorder
- a a rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Also called multiple personality disorder.
- b psychological disorders characterized by emotional extremes. See major depressive disorder, mania, and bipolar disorder.
- c the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (Fourth Edition), a widely used system for classifying psychological disorders. Presently distributed in an updated "text revision" (DSM-IV-TR).
- d a personality disorder in which the person (usually a man) exhibits a lack of conscience for wrongdoing, even toward friends and family members; may be aggressive and ruthless or a clever con artist
- e a mood disorder in which a person experiences, in the absence of drugs or a medical condition, two or more weeks of significantly depressed moods, feelings of worthlessness, and diminished interest or pleasure in most activities
5 Multiple choice questions
- false beliefs, often of persecution or grandeur, that may accompany psychotic disorders
- psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning
- the concept that diseases have physical causes that can be diagnosed, treated, and, in most cases, cured. When applied to psychological disorders, the medical model assumes that these mental illnesses can be diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms and cured through therapy, which may include treatment in a psychiatric hospital.
- disorders in which conscious awareness becomes separated (dissociated) from previous memories, thoughts, and feelings
- a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more three key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity
5 True/False questions
Generalized Anxiety Disorder → an anxiety disorder in which a person is continually tense, apprehensive, and in a state of autonomic nervous system arousal
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) → a rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Also called multiple personality disorder.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) → an anxiety disorder characterized by unwanted repetitive thoughts (obsessions) and/or actions (compulsions).
Mania → a mood disorder marked by a hyperactive, wildly optimistic state
Psychological Disorder → an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations