5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The __________ is where your tongue, teeth, and saliva change food into a soft mass called a bolus.
In the picture of the digestive system what is letter "L" pointing to?
In the picture of the digestive system what is letter "I" pointing to?
- d The main function of the large intestine is to absorb excess __________.
- e The __________ is a muscular tube that moves food to the stomach using peristalsis, or waves of muscle contractions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- These Acids are released in the stomach to aid in chemical digestion.
- The __________ and anus control the release of solid wastes from the body.
- In the __________ food is digested mechanically by peristalsis and chemically by digestive solutions with the help of enzymes.
- The rectum and __________ control the release of solid wastes from the body.
This picture shows which part of the digestive system?
5 True/False questions
blood → Once nutrients are absorbed by the villi they are then transported to cells by __________.
Feces → The indigestible food and waste that collects in the rectum.
liver → The main function of the large intestine is to absorb excess __________.
duodenum → The first part of the small intestine is called this?
chyme → An __________ is a type of protein that speeds up the rate of chemical reaction in your body.