5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pyrimethamine and sulfadiazine (ToxoPlasmoSis)
- Lyme disease vaccine
- a Neck swelling, low grade fever, pseudomembranous pharyngitis
Has a 3% mortality rate
- b confirmatory test for syphilis; not distinguish active from treated disease
- c makes spherules
- d Treats toxoplasmosis
- e Recombinant bacterial outer surface
5 Multiple choice questions
-"Periactin," is a first-generation antihistamine with additional anticholinergic, antiserotonergic, and local anesthetic properties.
- Pox, Herpes, Adeno, Papilloma, Polyoma, Parvo (ssDNA), Hepatitis B
- Treats CMV
- Used in acne treatment, but not associated with severe photosensitivity reactions
- Non septate hyphae
5 True/False questions
tetracycline → Tricyclic antidepressant.
Tricyclic antidepressants have anticholinergic symptoms mimicking atropine tox. This is because they block muscarinic receptors.
OD: Can cause anticholinergic symptoms mimicking atropine tox.
E coli virulence → colds, meningitis, fever/rash
LPS → Used to test for fungi
Ether on viral particles → LPS
K antigen (capsule)- meningitis
Strep bovis → More of a short term solution for clotting compared to warfarin which is long term
Anticoagulant. Binds to and activates ATIII (which inhibits thrombin and factor X). Rapid onset. Does not cross placenta (due to high water solubility). Works in vitro and in vivo.
aPTT used to monitor.
Tox: bleeding, HIT.