7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- this is important because each sector this analyzes represent an important segment of the environment that potentially influences the survival and effectivenes of the organization.
- Future objectives, current strategy, assumptions, capabilities.
- What business are we in? Allocation of resources among business units. Ex. Pepsi Co
- Boston Consulting Group Matrix. Positioning Chart for your industry(Cow=low growth, high market share)(DoG=low growth, low mrkt share *Dump the Dogs)(Question Marks??? =low mrkt share, high growth rate-- --Ask urself if you think the product is worth investing into)(Stars** High, high -take cash they need cash to keep growing, Marvel is a star, all stars become cash cows as the markets mature.)
- Human Resources, Raw Materials, Financial Resources, consumer Mrkts, Technology Sector, Industry Sector, ****Economics and Government Sectors----Most important are the last two. All of this is analyzed by SWOT.
- Unique Product within a semented niche.. Particular product, end-user, or geography.. EX.. Rolls Royce, Ferrari, High end Golf courses, Tag Hauer, Edward Jones))
6 True/False questions
Strategy → Unique Product within a semented niche.. Particular product, end-user, or geography.. EX.. Rolls Royce, Ferrari, High end Golf courses, Tag Hauer, Edward Jones))
Three Grand Strategies → What business are we in? Allocation of resources among business units. Ex. Pepsi Co
Mission Statements → Explains the essence of an organization-- why it exists, what it wants to be, who serves it, and why it should continue. contains:purpose, value, place in the world.
Strategic MGMT process → Set of goals and policies designed to achieve competitive adv in a particular marketplace.
Stuck in the Middle → not fully committed to one of the 3 generic strategies.. EX (Sears, target, mid price golf courses), starbucks now.
Cost Leadership → Selling your product at lower cost, High volume sales. Perceived value (price vs quality) EX...(State University, Jet Blue, Kia, Old Navy, TImex))