7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Corporate Strategy, Business Unit Strategy, Functional strategy/tactics
- Future objectives, current strategy, assumptions, capabilities.
- Unique Products/ Services/ Delivery Channel... EX... (Toyota quality"residual value", Amazon, Zappos "no shipping", Weber Grills, lexus, Ralph lauren, rolex, Neiman Marcus.)))
- What business are we in? Allocation of resources among business units. Ex. Pepsi Co
- Having the ability to transform inputs into goods and services at a maximum profit on a sustained basis better than one's competitors. You want to be in imperfect competition
- Cost Leadership, Differentiation, Focus
6 True/False Questions
Environmental Sectors → Human Resources, Raw Materials, Financial Resources, consumer Mrkts, Technology Sector, Industry Sector, ****Economics and Government Sectors----Most important are the last two. All of this is analyzed by SWOT.
Focus → Unique Product within a semented niche.. Particular product, end-user, or geography.. EX.. Rolls Royce, Ferrari, High end Golf courses, Tag Hauer, Edward Jones))
Cost Leadership → Selling your product at lower cost, High volume sales. Perceived value (price vs quality) EX...(State University, Jet Blue, Kia, Old Navy, TImex))
Business Unit Strategy → What business are we in? Allocation of resources among business units. Ex. Pepsi Co
BCG Matrix → Set of goals and policies designed to achieve competitive adv in a particular marketplace.
SWOT analysis → S+W= Strengths and Weaknesses of the Oranization, O+T= opportunities and threats of the Environment. This analysis is to identify sources of Competitive advantage.