5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A supporter of women's claims to the same rights & treatment as men.
- b Branches of knowledge concerned with human beings & their culture: philosophy, literature, & the fine arts, as distinguished from the sciences.
- c The belief that women should possess the same political & economic rights as men.
- d Aristocratic or well-bred people. In Britain, the class under the aristocracy.
- e Conceit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A philosophy in which interests & values of human beings are of primary importance.
- Having parts that are unrelated or completely different.
- The killing of one person by another; a person who kills another.
- The scientific study of the origins, cultural development, & customs of human beings.
- A person who hates all people.
5 True/False questions
ingenious → Cleverly inventive and resourceful.
indigenous → Cleverly inventive and resourceful.
gynecology → The branch of medicine dealing with disorders and treatment of the reproductive system in women.
genteel → Well-mannered; refined; polite.
engender → To give rise to; to bring into existence.