5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- T/F: Interferons are classified as antiviral agents.
- The FDA requires the manufacturer of ____ to provide a black box warning in the package labeling regarding reports of fatal and non-fatal intracranial hemorrhage.
- Which of the following drugs is used to treat influenza A?
d. amantadine and rimantidine
- T/F: Antiretroviral therapy is a life-long commitment and requires strict adherence to treatment regimens.
- a false
- b d. amantadine and rimantidine
- c true
- d tipranavir
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- protease inhibitor
- acyclic phosphonate nucleotide analog
- category D
- 24-48 hours
5 True/False Questions
What is associated with fatal liver toxicity and the FDA has required changes in the package labeling to warn of this adverse effect? → nevirapine
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is the virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). The virus attacks what and weakens the immune system. → CD4T lymphocytes
What class is interferon? → PEG-intron
Which drug is not FDA approved, but is used for the treatment of herpes infections?
d. foscarnet → d. amantadine and rimantidine
T/F: There are eight steps in the HIV life cycle. → false; there is nine steps