6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The repeating pattern of chemical and physical properties of the elements.
- Characteristics of matter that can only observed when one substances changes into a different substance, such as iron into rust.
- Elements that are typically shiny and good conductors of heat and electricity.
- Elements in the group containing helium, neon, and argon, among others.
- Characteristics of matter that can be seen through direct observation such as density, melting point, and boiling point.
5 True/False Questions
Periodic table → A chart that organizes the elements by their chemical properties and increasing atomic number.
Atomic mass unit → The average mass of all the known isotopes of an element, expressed in amu.
Nonmetal → Elements that are poor conductors of heat and electricity.
Period → The repeating pattern of chemical and physical properties of the elements.
Alkali metals → Elements in the first group of the periodic table.