6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Elements in the group containing fluorine, chlorine, and bromine, among others.
- Elements that are typically shiny and good conductors of heat and electricity.
- Elements in the group containing helium, neon, and argon, among others.
- A column of the periodic table.
- The average mass of all the known isotopes of an element, expressed in amu.
5 True/False questions
Atomic mass unit → The average mass of all the known isotopes of an element, expressed in amu.
Periodic table → A chart that organizes the elements by their chemical properties and increasing atomic number.
Thermal conductor → A material that allows electricity to flow through easily.
Physical properties → Characteristics of matter that can only observed when one substances changes into a different substance, such as iron into rust.
Chemical properties → Characteristics of matter that can be seen through direct observation such as density, melting point, and boiling point.