← Module 37-1 Test
3 Written Questions
3 Multiple Choice Questions
- We have stomach contraction when we feel hungry, but these are not the only sources of hunger.
- 1) Orexin - hunger triggering from hypothalamus
2) Ghrelin - hunger arousing hormone from empty stomach
3) Obestatin - fullness signal to depress hunger
4) PYY - appetite suppressant
5) leptin - appetite suppressant
- THe point at which an individual's 'weight thermostat' is supposedly set. When the body falls below this weight, and increase in hunger and a lowered metabolic rate may act to restore the lost weight.
2 True/False Questions
Define glucose → The form of sugar that circulates in the blood and provides the major sources of energy for body tissues. When the level is low, we feel hunger.
Info on body chemistry and the brain. → Our brain keeps track of our nutrient levels, and when those levels drop, we will feel hungry