5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- how many amino acids come from food
- food sources of fiber
- What are carbohydrates?
- how many amino acids are there
- a bran, pastsa, brown rice, popcorn, whole wheats
- b the body's most important source of energy
- c (mineral)
-important in maintaining and building bones
-important for women to prevent osteoporosis)
- d 20
- e 9
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Physical activity level (lifestyle & exercise)
- - a short term supply of energy (sugars)
- 10% or less of daily calories
5 True/False Questions
complete proteins → foods that contain some, but not all, essential amino acids.
-come from plant sources
food sources of complex carbs → bran, pastsa, brown rice, popcorn, whole wheats
Another word for 'calories' → 'energy'
What happens to glucose in the liver? → gets converted to glycogen (more compact form of glucose) to store it, and it reconverts to glucose when body needs extra energy
functions of vitamins → -build, repair, and maintain body cells