7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- An organization established by President Franklin D. Roosevelt to assist the president in carrying out major duties.
- An advisory group selected by the president to aid in making decisions. The cabinet includes the heads of fifteen executive departments and others named by the president.
- A power created for the president through laws enacted by Congress.
- An inherent power excercised by the president during period of national crisis.
- A rule or regulation issued by the president that has the effect of law. Executive orders can implement and give administrative effect to provisions in the Constitution, to treaties, and to statutes.
- A power vested in the president by Article II of the Constitution.
6 True/False questions
Executive Privilege → The right of executive officials to withold information from or to appear before a legislative committee.
Kitchen Cabinet → The informal advisers to the president.
Twenty-fifth Amendment → A 1967 amendment to the Constitution that establishes procedures for filling presidential vacancies and makes provisions for presidential disability.
Chief of Staff → The practice of rewarding faithful party workers and followers with government employment and contracts.
Washington Community → Individuals regularly involved with politics in Washington, D.C.
Office of Management and Budget (OMB) → A division of the Executive Office of the President. The OMB assists the president in preparing the annual budget, clearing and coordinating departmental agency budgets, and supervising the administration o the federal budget.