7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- The right of executive officials to withold information from or to appear before a legislative committee.
- Individuals regularly involved with politics in Washington, D.C.
- The personal office of the president, which tends to presidential political needs and manages the media.
- An organization established by President Franklin D. Roosevelt to assist the president in carrying out major duties.
- The person is named to direct the White House Office and advise the president.
- A rule or regulation issued by the president that has the effect of law. Executive orders can implement and give administrative effect to provisions in the Constitution, to treaties, and to statutes.
6 True/False Questions
Federal Register → A rule or regulation issued by the president that has the effect of law. Executive orders can implement and give administrative effect to provisions in the Constitution, to treaties, and to statutes.
Office of Management and Budget (OMB) → An agency in the Executive Office of the President that advises the president on national security.
Impeachment → An action by the House of Representatives to accuse the president, vice president, or other civil officers of the United States of committing "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."
Inherent Power → An inherent power excercised by the president during period of national crisis.
Emergency Power → A power of the president derived from the statements in the Constitution that "the executive Power shall be vested in a President" and that the president should "take Care that the laws be faithfully executed"; defined through practice rather than through law.
Kitchen Cabinet → The informal advisers to the president.