5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- right hand rule
- electric motors
- amount of current, amount and type of material, number of turns
- soft magnet
- electromagnetic induction
- a determines the north pole and south pole
- b what 3 factors does the magnetic field of an electromagnet depend on?
- c convert electric energy into mechanical energy
- d when you use a moving magnet to create electric current or voltage
- e steel is an example, it is easy to magnetize but loses it magnetization easily
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- electromagnets are magnets created by what in wires?
- what can you do yo increase an electromagnet's strength?
- when adding more turns in order to strengthen the magnetism, you also increase the what of the coil?
- in elements, the magnetic field of individual elements in each atom cancel with each other
- what are the 2 factors of field strength?
5 True/False Questions
proportional → what is a disk called?
hans christian oesrted → when adding more turns in order to strengthen the magnetism, you also increase the what of the coil?
paramagnetic materials → aluminum is an example, the magnetism of individual electrons to not complete, this makes it into a tiny magnet with a north and south pole
solenoid → what is a disk called?
permanent magnet → materials that make beter permanent magnets