5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- electromagnetic induction
- add another battery, add more turns
- a when you use a moving magnet to create electric current or voltage
- b magnets created by electric current flowing in wires
- c a unit used to measure the strength of a magnetic field
- d what can you do yo increase an electromagnet's strength?
- e when adding more turns in order to strengthen the magnetism, you also increase the what of the coil?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a magnet that is free to spin, spins until it lines up with any magnetic field that is present
- aluminum is an example, the magnetism of individual electrons to not complete, this makes it into a tiny magnet with a north and south pole
- the rotating part of the motor, including the electromagnets
- an electromagnetic device is a coil with many turns
- the variability in materials comes from what?
5 True/False Questions
amount of current in the coil → the strength of an electromagnet's field can be changed by changing the what?
right hand rule → determines the north pole and south pole
permanent magnet → steel is an example, it is easy to magnetize but loses it magnetization easily
proportional → what is a disk called?
diamagnetic materials → aluminum is an example, the magnetism of individual electrons to not complete, this makes it into a tiny magnet with a north and south pole