← Comm211 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- sample representativeness
- if under .05
- a p-value statistically significant if?
- b testing a theory against previously collected/conducted studies. taking prior knowledge and suggesting a theory.
- c there are response option in order. ie what grade are you in?
- d there are response option that are evenly spaced in order, where the 0 option means non. ie. how many times have you flown this year?
- e does the sample accurately reflect the population?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- did the independent variable come before the dependent variable.
- identify a continuous process to sample from and select every nth unit
- list all members of a population and then randomly select from the population to create a sample.
- consistency, get the same answer repeatedly doesn't have to be the right answer.
- false positive
5 True/False Questions
type two error → false positive
mixed design → collecting new data to support a theory . stronger form
validity → correctly targets the true concepts, indicates accuracy
non-response → there are response option ie. gender?
ecological validity → does it cover the full range of the concept?