← World Geography Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A state that no longer exists or one in which the government is so weak that it has little control over its territory
- refers to the highly industrialized economies of Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan.
- large corporations that have operations in several countries
- a geographical feature on land such as a valley, defile or a bridge, or at sea such as a straight which an armed force is forced to pass, therefore greatly decreasing its combat, in order to reach its objective.
- a geographical area of fertile land in the Middle East stretching in a broad semicircle from the Nile to the Tigris and Euphrates
5 True/False Questions
Ethnicity → the rapid spread of a disease among many people
Balkanization → The political term used when referring to the fragmentation or breakup of a region or country into smaller regions or countries. The term comes from the Balkan wars, where the country of Yugoslavia was broken up in to six countries between 1989 and 1992. It was the effect of the Balkan wars.
Pluralistic society → The total number of people divided by the total land area.
Caste system → A state that no longer exists or one in which the government is so weak that it has little control over its territory
Epidemic → A social division based on national origin, religion, language, and often race.