← Vocabulary Unit 3 Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- an intervening time; interval; meantime
- an official charged with the management of the living quarters of a sovereign or member of the nobility.
- having no equal; matchless; unrivaled.
- to think or infer without certain or strong evidence; conjecture; guess.
- a person who cultivates a refined taste, especially in food and wine; connoisseur.
- a celestial being.a person, especially a child, with a sweet, chubby, innocent face.
6 True/False Questions
Pious → to engage in a drunken revel
Wassail → a salutation wishing health to a person, used in England in early times when presenting a cup of drink or when drinking to the person.
a sandbank or sand bar in the bed of a body of water, especially one that is exposed above the surface of the water at low tide.
Quell → to suppress; put an end to; extinguish
Surcease → to cease from some action; desist.
Carouse → to think or infer without certain or strong evidence; conjecture; guess.