Hyoid is attached to
1. Supra and infrahyoid muscles
2. Middle pharyngeal constrictors
3. Thyrohyoid membrane (between hyoid and upper thyroid cartilage of larynx)
4. via a fibrous sling to intermediate tendon of digastric
5. Stylohyoid ligament (lesser horn to styloid process)
Anterior triangle and subdivisions
Scm, mandible and midline
Subdivisions- digastric/submandibular, carotid, muscular
Anterior and posterior belly and intermediate tendon of digastric muscle. Contains submandibular gland.
Scm, posterior belly of digastric and superior belly of omohyoid. Contains the neurovascular bundle of the neck: carotid, internal jugular, vagus within the carotid sheath
Midline, anterior belly of digastric, superior belly of omohyoid and inferior scm. Contains supra- and infrahyoid muscles and thyroid.
Scm, trapezius, clavicle and is crossed by inferior belly of omohyoid.
Roof- deep cervical fascia
Floor (medial)- fascia and muscles (scalenus anterior, medial and posterior, levator scapulae, splenius capitus)
Subdivisions of Posterior triangle and their boundaries
Occipital triangle- above omohyoid and contains upper deep cervical lymph nodes and accessory nerve
Supraclavicular triangle- below omohyoid and contains subclavian artery and vein.