5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- the sun, the nine planets and their moons, and several kinds of smaller objects that revolve around the sun
- nuclear fusion
- a an oval shape which may be elongated or nearly circular.
- b What are all of the objects in the solar system?
- c an earth centered model where Earth is located in the center and the planets and stars revolve around it.
- d a thin disk of small particles of ice and rock.
- e a process where the sun's heat comes from hydrogen atoms joined together to form helium
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- which planet has a tilted axis at an angle of about 90 degrees from vertical?
- huge, reddish loops of gas that often link different parts of sunspot regions
- What does the sun's interior consist of?
- rocky objects revolving around the sun that are too small and numerous to be considered planets
- a spherical region of comets that surrounds the solar system out to more than 1000 times the distance between pluto and the sun.
5 True/False Questions
kuiper belt → a doughnut- shaped region that extends from beyond neptune's orbit to about 100 times earth's distance from the sun
meteor → what is caused when a meteoroid enters earth's atmosphere and friction with the air produces heat and produces a streak of light in the sky.
meteorite → meteoroids that pass through the atmosphere and hit earth's surface
radiation zone → a region of very tightly packed gas where energy is transferred mainly in a form of electromagnetic radiation.
chromosphere → the middle layer of the sun's atmosphere that we only see during a solar eclipse- we see a reddish glow.