5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- convection zone
- terrestrial planets
- greenhouse effect
- a the outermost layer of the sun's interior that receives hot gases that have risen from the bottom of the convection zone and cool as they rise.
- b another name for the four inner planets
- c the trapping of heat by the atmosphere
- d the central region of the sun where an enormous amount of energy is produced.
- e the inner layer of the sun's atmosphere- considered to be the surface layer of the sun
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a thin disk of small particles of ice and rock.
- the middle layer of the sun's atmosphere that we only see during a solar eclipse- we see a reddish glow.
- which planet is the largest and most massive?
- the solid inner core of a comet
- what is caused when a meteoroid enters earth's atmosphere and friction with the air produces heat and produces a streak of light in the sky.
5 True/False Questions
nuclear fusion → a process where the sun's heat comes from hydrogen atoms joined together to form helium
photosphere, chromosphere, and the corona. → What the 4 inner planets?
Galileo → which planet has a solid surface and is much smaller and denser than the other outer planets
sunspot → areas of gas on the sun's surface that are cooler than gases around them.- look like dark spots
Nicholas Copernicus → who was the polish astronomer that was able to work out the arrangement of the known planets and how they move around the sun