5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are capillaries?
- What are venules?
- Which are there more of, red blood cells or white blood cells?
- Name the major arteries in the upper limb and head and face.
- What is Fibrin?
- a Where all of the important exchanges happen in the circulatory system. They are a single cell to aid fast and easy diffusion of gases.
- b Brachial artery in the upper limg and vertebral artery and carotid artery in the head and face.
- c Red blood cells (they have no nucleus; cannot reproduce)
- d Small veins; blood vessel that drain blood directly from the capillary bed.
- e The clotting mechanism.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- right atrium- it fills the right ventricle with blood.
right ventricle - pumps to lungs
left atrium - it fills the right ventricle
left ventricle - pumps blood to systemic circulation.
- The Cardiovascular System.
- Large vessels; elastic muscles to carry on power of the heart. They are the higher-pressure portion of the circulatory system. (blood away from the heart toward the tissue).
- Cardiac cycle.
- It rests on the diaphragm, wedged between the lungs in the mediastinum of the thorax (mediastinum is the part of the thoracic cavity located between the lungs).
5 True/False Questions
Two mechanisms that regulate the circulatory system are? → Its an important communication and transport channel with networks, in the form of blood vessels, linking various tissues.
Red blood cells live for how long? → In the bone marrow, according to the needs of the body.
What is the primary function of the heart? → By the coronary arteries.
The heart is surrouned by a serous sac reinforced by dense connective tissue called the ? → Pericardium
What is Heparin? → The clotting mechanism.