5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is Heparin?
- What is the primary function of the heart?
- What is the anatomy of the "circulatory system"?
- What are erythrocytes?
- What is the function of the circulatory system?
- a Pump blood throughout the entire body.
- b The HEART. Its primary function is to pump blood throughout the body; it keeps the blood circulating.
- c Its an anti-clotting mechanism.
- d Its an important communication and transport channel with networks, in the form of blood vessels, linking various tissues.
- e Red blood cells that carry the oxygen-carrying protein pigment hemoglobin in the circulation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Defense against infection. They have a nucleus and live hours to days at a time.
- Cardiac cycle.
- The Cardiovascular System.
- A few days to a couple of months.
- 120 days about.
5 True/False questions
What is plasma? → Fluid part of the blood, comprises 55% of the total blood volume and consists primarily of water (91.5%).
Red Blood Cells are formed where? → 120 days about.
The human heart has 4 chambers, name them. → 1- Largest is arteries
2- Arterioles (smallest artery)
3-Capillaries (from the arterioles)
4- Venules (capillaries join to form venules) which begin the process of returning blood to the heard.
5- Veins (venules join to form veins), the larger blood vessels which complete the return of blood from capillaries to the heart.
Name the major arteries in the upper limb and head and face. → Brachial artery in the upper limg and vertebral artery and carotid artery in the head and face.
What is blood? → Liquid connective tissue that transports oxygen and nutrients throughout the body.