5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 14 grams
- Down syndrome
- Tumor Suppressors
- a the alleles (Ww) that make a phenotype (physical trait)
- b at 12 weeks, the fetus weighs ___
- c muscle or gland that responds to the initial stimulus or receptor
- d there are three copies of chromosome 21.
- e genes code from the proteins that inhibit the cell cycle.
*mutations turn off genes that allow the slow down of the cell cycle, DNA repair and cell death
5 Multiple choice questions
- pathway of blood through human heart
- "old eyes" or the loss of flexibility in the eye's lens
- resemble a half moon. the normal red blood cells are the circular non-nucleated red cells.
- (XXX, chromosome 23) occurs when an extra chromosome ends up in the 23rd position.
*no signs. females seem normal. may be infertile.
- all the body cells except the reproductive cells (somatic or body cells)
5 True/False questions
12 weeks → all basic structures have formed by ___
Thalamus → body temp, blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, directs pituitary gland secretions
Mesoderm → this human germ layer contains: skin covering, nervous system, eyes, inner ear, lining of nose and mouth.
Stages of Early Development → Zygote, 2-cell, 4-cell, 8-cell, Morula, Blastula, Gastrula
Hypothalamus → body temp, blood pressure, respiration, heartbeat, directs pituitary gland secretions