5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- 3 evidences of Common Descent #3
- a coordinates muscle movements. balance, posture, muscle.
- b small vessels that gather blood from the capillaries into the veins
- c the ___ comes on like a dimmer switch, growing gradually over many months from nothing to being fully on
- d 3. Biochemical Evidence - living organisms utilize like basic biochemical components. (ATP, amino acids, proteins, DNA, and Cytochrome C = highly conserved protein)
5 Multiple choice questions
- (XYY, chromosome 23) individuals possess an extra Y sex chromosome.
*no obvious signs or symptoms. males seem normal.
- trait with alleles carried on a sex chromosome.
- a malignant neoplasm of blood-forming tissues; characterized by numerous myeloblasts in the blood stream.
- a single tumor cell's gene, that requires a cell to stop dividing when it contacts its neighboring cells, has mutated. the cells can pile on top one another without restraint to form large tumors.
- occurs in the testes of males. process of taking one cell and ending with four cells that are called sperm.
5 True/False questions
Cochlea → site of the auditory transduction. fluid filled structure which consists of two membranes with hair cells.
ECG → there are __ days in a year in which a woman can become pregnant
Autosomal Dominant-Recessive trait → sperm and secondary oocyte meet in the ___ where fertilization takes place
Schistomsoma Mansoni → parasitic infection that feeds off of the intestinal lumen. it has an oral sucker that helps it attach to the intestine for feeding.
Myopia → near-sighted