5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 evidences of Common Descent #3
- 20 times
- Sex-Linked trait
- Atrioventricular node
- a 3. Biochemical Evidence - living organisms utilize like basic biochemical components. (ATP, amino acids, proteins, DNA, and Cytochrome C = highly conserved protein)
- b over the course of a pregnancy, there has been a ____ increase in the size of the woman's uterus, and blood supply increases by a 1/3rd
- c stimulates the ventricles to contract via the Perkinje fibers buried deep in the heart muscle
- d similar in function, but different in form
- e trait with alleles carried on a sex chromosome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- picture used to see the 23 pairs of homologous chromosomes in an individual.
- there are __ days in a year in which a woman can become pregnant
- genes code from the proteins that inhibit the cell cycle.
*mutations turn off genes that allow the slow down of the cell cycle, DNA repair and cell death
- the physical trait (widow's peak)
- sets the beat of the heart every 0.85 seconds and is referred to as the "pacemaker" of the heart. Causes the atria to contract and sends out impulses to the atrioventricular node
5 True/False questions
Cochlea → site of the auditory transduction. fluid filled structure which consists of two membranes with hair cells.
Meiosis → prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase. cell division in which the nucleus divides into nuclei containing the same number of chromosomes.
Mitosis occurs in → occurs in the ovaries of females. the final product is three small cells called polar bodies and one large cell called an egg or ovum.
1/2 cup → the fetus swallows about ____ of amniotic fluid each day
3 evidences of Common Descent #1 → 1. Fossil Record - seeing when fossils first appeared by evaluating the geological time chart.
Precambrain: most distant
Cenozoic: most recent