which of the following statements is true about prevention programs
1. Prevention programs need to be tailored to a specific age group
2. Prevention programs need to be tailored for ethnicity, culture, and gender.
4. Prevention programs should span a lifetime.
which of the following statements are true about drug courts?
1. Drug court is a collaborative approach between the courts, prosecution, public defenders, probation, and treatment proiders for convicted drug offenders.
3. They reduce the strain on the justice system caused by thousands of minor drug offenses by diverting first-time offenders to treatment.
which of the following statements about the US alcohol prohibition fro 1920 bto 1933 are true?
1. During prohibition there was a reduction in domestic violence
2..Prohibition strengthened many criminal organizations
2. After Prohibition was repealed it took several decades for the level of per-capita alcohol consumption to return to the higher pre-prohibition per-capita consumption levels.
According to the textbook the "lag-phase" refers to which of the following statments?
The lag time between initial use of alcohol or other drugs and the development of severe consequences due to the substance abuse.
The three main prevention methods are:
harm reduction, supply reduction, and demand reduction.
Alcohol or other drugs are involved in 70% of teen suicides.
Use of an addictive substance (such as alcohol or other drugs) at an early age changes vulnerable brain functions, and increases a person's likelihood of developing an addiction.