5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was Dr. Manette doing when he was first introduced in chapter five?
- Who owns the wine shop?
- What was Defarges reaction when Mr. Lorry quietly speeks to him?
- What does Sydney Carton do to save Charles Darnay?
- What happens to Dr. Manette every time something upsets him or brings back a bad memory?
- a The Defarges
- b Sydney gets into the prison with the help of the spy (John Barsad). He then poses as Darnay, and is beheaded in his place.
- c Dr. Manette was making shoes, a woman's shoe.
- d He relapses back into his formal state and starts to frantically make shoes.
- e Defarge is troubled and disturbed. He loked angry and agitated, almost like he did not want to talk to Mr. Lorry.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He (Charles Darnay) is the Marquis' nephew.
- She knitts the names of the people whom she wishes to seek revenge.
- Mr. Lorry is waiting for Lucie Manette to arrive. He has news to tell her of her father.
- He was released and proven innocent.
- He is stopped at the gate, and is taken to prison.
5 True/False Questions
Who are the people that are in love with Lucie? → Charles Darnay, Sydney Carton, and Mr. Stryver.
Who is Miss. Pross? → Lucie Manette's maid.
What does Jerry Cruncher not want his wife to do and why? → Sydney gets into the prison with the help of the spy (John Barsad). He then poses as Darnay, and is beheaded in his place.
What are the two countries that are going to be fighting against each other in the revolution? → France and England
Who does Lucie end up marrying? → Lucie Manette's maid.