← American History Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Amerigo Vespucci
- Bartolome de Las Casas
- a fought for the better treatment of Native Americans. He was a Catholic Priest
- b French Protestants founded colony of Fort Caroline.
- c killed millions of Native Americans
- d Spanish conquerors
- e Italian sailor who set out in 1501 to find a sea route to Asia. Continent named after him
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- sailed under Dutch flag and hoped to find route to China. He found present day New York and sailed up the River named after him. He later found anther large bay area named after him.
- Provinces of New Spain and Peru
- Portuguese sailor who proposed to reach Asia by sailing west around South America.
- belief that some people are inferior because of their race
- Aztec emperor
5 True/False Questions
germs → belief that some people are inferior because of their race
encomienda → a grant of Native American labor
mercantilism → belief that some people are inferior because of their race
5 → number of men on Magellan's ship
viceroy → top official of a viceroyalty