5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Amerigo Vespucci
- slave codes
- a laws to regulate the treatment of slaves
- b Italian sailor who set out in 1501 to find a sea route to Asia. Continent named after him
- c number of ships Magellan sailed with.
- d large estates
- e Spanish conquerors
5 Multiple choice questions
- Aztec emperor
- the practice of holding a person in bondage for labor
- belief that some people are inferior because of their race
- top official of a viceroyalty
- number of men on Magellan's ship
5 True/False questions
mercantilism → belief that some people are inferior because of their race
Phillipines → church built settlements that included a church, town, and farmlands. The goal was to convert Native Americans to Christianity.
Columbian Exchange → one of the first explorers to chart a northern route across the Atlantic Ocean in search of Asia. An italian sailor who explored for the English.
encomienda → large estates
Tenochtitlan → Aztec Capital