5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ferdinand Magellan
- Spanish Armada
- slave codes
- a sent by Philip to conquer England and restore Catholicism to that nation
- b country where Magellan was killed
- c top official of a viceroyalty
- d laws to regulate the treatment of slaves
- e Portuguese sailor who proposed to reach Asia by sailing west around South America.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Italian sailor who set out in 1501 to find a sea route to Asia. Continent named after him
- large farms that raised cash crops
- one of the first explorers to chart a northern route across the Atlantic Ocean in search of Asia. An italian sailor who explored for the English.
- traveled up the St. Lawrence River to the site of present day Montreal Canada
- large estates
5 True/False Questions
viceroyalty → top official of a viceroyalty
missions → they wanted to spread the word of Christianity beyond Europe, expand their empires, and become rich
middle passage → killed millions of Native Americans
Columbian Exchange → the movement of things between hemispheres
Pope → number of ships Magellan sailed with.