← American History Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Treaty of Tordesillas
- Ferdinand Magellan
- middle passage
- a Spanish conquerors
- b belief that some people are inferior because of their race
- c voyage from Africa to the Americas - the middle leg of the triangular trade
- d Moved the Line of Demarcation more than 800 miles farther west
- e Portuguese sailor who proposed to reach Asia by sailing west around South America.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Italian who set out under the French flagto find the Northwest Passage.
- Aztec Capital
- number of men on Magellan's ship
- Aztec emperor
- economic system of increasing money in a countries treasury by creating a favorable balance of trade.
5 True/False Questions
African Diaspora → forced removal of slaves from Africa - depopulation
John Cabot → one of the first explorers to chart a northern route across the Atlantic Ocean in search of Asia. An italian sailor who explored for the English.
diseases → church built settlements that included a church, town, and farmlands. The goal was to convert Native Americans to Christianity.
5 → number of ships Magellan sailed with.
Francisco Pizarro → led an expedition of 180 men into Peru