← American History Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- slave codes
- Francisco Pizarro
- Ferdinand Magellan
- a economic system of increasing money in a countries treasury by creating a favorable balance of trade.
- b number of ships Magellan sailed with.
- c Portuguese sailor who proposed to reach Asia by sailing west around South America.
- d laws to regulate the treatment of slaves
- e led an expedition of 180 men into Peru
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- transfered during the Columbian Exchange
- Moved the Line of Demarcation more than 800 miles farther west
- sent by Philip to conquer England and restore Catholicism to that nation
- Spanish conquerors
- traveled up the St. Lawrence River to the site of present day Montreal Canada
5 True/False Questions
diseases → killed millions of Native Americans
Huguenots → large estates
missions → they wanted to spread the word of Christianity beyond Europe, expand their empires, and become rich
Montezuma → Aztec emperor
Bartolome de Las Casas → fought for the better treatment of Native Americans. He was a Catholic Priest