5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was Louis Pasteur?
- The best way to deal with most viral illnesses is to ..
- When you receive vaccination, the T Cells and B Cells still recognize and respond to ..
- After a person recovers from sickness, some T Cells and B Cells keep..
- True or false , no one is immune to all diseases
- a Get plenty of rest
- b Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
- c The antigens of the weakened or dead pathogen
- d True
- e The "memory" of the pathogen's antigen. So if it enters the body again, it recognizes it and starts the immune response quickly.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Many years , and sometimes it lasts for life
- Consists of pathogens that have been weakened or killed but can still trigger the immune system to go to action
- When a persons own immune system produces antibodies in response to the presence of a pathogen.
- The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
- The antibodies that fight the pathogen come from a source other than the person's body
5 True/False questions
Passive immunity usually lasts for.. → No more than a few months
When does a baby acquire some passive immunity before birth? → This immuni results from antibodies that are passed from the another's blood into the baby's blood during pregnancy
True or false? There are medications that are effective against viral illnesses, including the common cold. → True
Immunization is .. → The body's ability to destroy pathogens before they can cause disease.
True or false.. Although some medications don't kill pathogens, they may help you feel more comfortable while you get better. → True