5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is immunity?
- Examples of what vaccinations Can prevent...
- Examples of over the counter drugs...
- As people recover from some diseases, they develop ______ to the diseases.i
- After a person recovers from sickness, some T Cells and B Cells keep..
- a Immunity
- b Polio,chickenpox, and other diseases
- c The "memory" of the pathogen's antigen. So if it enters the body again, it recognizes it and starts the immune response quickly.
- d Cold medicines, fever medications, stomach ache medicine
- e The body's ability to destroy pathogens before they can cause disease.
5 Multiple choice questions
- No more than a few months
- The antibodies that fight the pathogen come from a source other than the person's body
- The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
- By injection, by mouth, or through a nasal spray
5 True/False questions
When you receive vaccination, the T Cells and B Cells still recognize and respond to .. → The antigens of the weakened or dead pathogen
Who was Florence nightingale? → In Britain, he observed that bacteria growing on laboratory plates were killed when various fungi grew on the same plate. He discovered that one fungus produced a substance that killed bacteria ---penicillin
Who was Edward Jenner? → A professor from the USA that showed that people injected with killed polio viruses did not get the disease, but produced the antibodies against it
The substance that is used in a vaccination is called a → Vaccine
What is a vaccine? → The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity