5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Examples of what vaccinations Can prevent...
- Who was Louis Pasteur?
- True or false? There are medications that are effective against viral illnesses, including the common cold.
- A person acquires passive immunity when..
- What are the two basic types of immunity?
- a Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
- b Active and passive
- c False
- d Polio,chickenpox, and other diseases
- e The antibodies that fight the pathogen come from a source other than the person's body
5 Multiple choice questions
- False, you usually do not.
- The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
- Cold medicines, fever medications, stomach ache medicine
- Chickenpox. First time you get it your body responds to virus by producing antibodies. The next time, it produces the antibodies so quick you don't get sick.
5 True/False questions
The best way to deal with most viral illnesses is to .. → Vaccine
Who was Alexander Fleming? → Country England doctor - successfully vaccinated a child against smallpox, by using material from the sore of a person with cowpox. It worked but he didn't know why.
Who was Florence nightingale? → English nurse-cared for British soldiers during the Crimean war, and wanted hospitals clean. This saved many soldiers lives
How are vaccinations given? → The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
What are over-the-counter medications? → Drugs that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription.