5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was Louis Pasteur?
- As people recover from some diseases, they develop ______ to the diseases.i
- Who was Edward Jenner?
- What is vaccination?
- When does a baby acquire some passive immunity before birth?
- a Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
- b Immunity
- c The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
- d This immuni results from antibodies that are passed from the another's blood into the baby's blood during pregnancy
- e Country England doctor - successfully vaccinated a child against smallpox, by using material from the sore of a person with cowpox. It worked but he didn't know why.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The body's ability to destroy pathogens before they can cause disease.
- When antibodies are given to a person...the person's immune system doesn't make them.
- Many years , and sometimes it lasts for life
- The "memory" of the pathogen's antigen. So if it enters the body again, it recognizes it and starts the immune response quickly.
- English nurse-cared for British soldiers during the Crimean war, and wanted hospitals clean. This saved many soldiers lives
5 True/False questions
How are vaccinations given? → The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
Immunization is .. → Consists of pathogens that have been weakened or killed but can still trigger the immune system to go to action
What is active immunity? → When a persons own immune system produces antibodies in response to the presence of a pathogen.
What are over-the-counter medications? → Drugs that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription.
Example of active immunity. → Chickenpox. First time you get it your body responds to virus by producing antibodies. The next time, it produces the antibodies so quick you don't get sick.