5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who was Florence nightingale?
- When does a baby acquire some passive immunity before birth?
- What are over-the-counter medications?
- Examples of what vaccinations Can prevent...
- As people recover from some diseases, they develop ______ to the diseases.i
- a English nurse-cared for British soldiers during the Crimean war, and wanted hospitals clean. This saved many soldiers lives
- b Drugs that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription.
- c Immunity
- d Polio,chickenpox, and other diseases
- e This immuni results from antibodies that are passed from the another's blood into the baby's blood during pregnancy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
- Showed that microorganisms were the cause of disease in silkworms . He reasoned that you could control spread of disease by killing microorganisms
- When antibodies are given to a person...the person's immune system doesn't make them.
- No more than a few months
5 True/False Questions
What is an antibiotic? → A chemical that kills bacteria or slows their growth without harming body cells
Who is Mathilda Kim? → The process by which harmless antigens are deliberately introduced into a person's body to produce active immunity
Who was Edward Jenner? → Country England doctor - successfully vaccinated a child against smallpox, by using material from the sore of a person with cowpox. It worked but he didn't know why.
What is active immunity? → When antibodies are given to a person...the person's immune system doesn't make them.
Example of active immunity. → Chickenpox. First time you get it your body responds to virus by producing antibodies. The next time, it produces the antibodies so quick you don't get sick.