← Reformation Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How did the Catholic Church fight the spread of Protestantism?
- Corruption within the Catholic Church were?
- Martin Luther
- a -German priest excommunicated from the catholic church & ---labeled a heretic.
-wrote book Ninety Five Thesis.
-created church known as Lutherism
- b Spanish Equisition
- c -selling of indulgences
-giving high church positions for money
- clergy living a life of luxury (instead of following vows/promises to live a simple life in poverty & not marrying)
- d Religion started by King Henry the 8th.
- e a corruption within the church selling leadership for money
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- salvation could be received by having faith in God. Which he called Justification of Faith..
- Great Schicm
- Spain, Portugal, France and Italy
- challenging and questioning the Catholic Church
5 True/False Questions
Ninety Five Thesis → written by Martin Luther. spoke about catholic church corruption.
King Henry the 8th → written by Martin Luther. spoke about catholic church corruption.
The most important reason for the protestant reform? → was the selling of indulgences for forgivness of one's sins
The Praise of Folly → belief that church & state should be united.
William Tyndale → a corruption within the church selling leadership for money