← North Africa Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is Egypt's second largest city?
- What is the source of the Nile river?
- What are rural Egyptian farmers called?
- When did Arab powers from Southwest Asia rule North Africa?
- How is the birthday of Muhammad celebrated?
- a Alexandria
- b Celebrated with lights, parades, and special sweets
- c the Blue Nile and While Nile join together and flow northward
- d Fellahin
- e from the AD 600s to 1800s
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Agriculture, oil, and tourism
- ancient Egyptian writing system
- Steppe, desert, Mediterranean
- Rocky mountains and desert
5 True/False Questions
What disturbing fact demonstrates the housing shortage in Cairo? → crowded, poor, and polluted
What divides Egyptians? → the role of Islam in the country
What is a major challenge facing Egypt today? → the need for more fertilizer
What happens to the Nile river as it approaches the Mediterranean Sea? → the Blue Nile and While Nile join together and flow northward
What do rare storms in North Africa cause? → damaging floods and erosion