5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a witness-one who dies for a faith or a cause
- b "revelation" a symbolic type of lit. common in Judaism, Zorastrainism, and chirstianity that foretells a dramatic end of the world, a judgmenet by God, rewards for believers and punishment for the wicked.
- c the land of the ancient philistine people along the southern seacoast of what is now Israel, then the larger area now Israel, called Palestine, by the romans
- d a chrisitan sacrament, or sacred ritual of serving wine and bread as the body and blood of Jesus Christ or in memory of him
- e the ritualistic icrlcing of the kabah cube seven times at the center of the great mosque in mecca
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the most powerful king of biblical Israel david established the capital in Jerusalem and rules frm 1010-970 BCE. In tradtion as a boy he defeated the giant philistine goliath. He became a warlord fighting the philistines. when king , ex expanded israelite terriotory and married bathsheba, their second son was Solomon. many psalms are attributed to david
- muslim masusoleum in agra india built by shah jahan for his deceased wife Mumtax mahal
- chrisitian presence of the body and blood of Christ in the bread and wine of communion. primarliy roman catholicism
- the christian sacrament of communion based on the gosepl account of jesus meeting for passover meal with his disciples, sharing bread and wine, just before his capture and crucifixion
- jewish holy day with a seder meal. celebrating the Exodus of the ancient Hebrews from Egyptian slavery about 1250 BCE, led by moses.
5 True/False Questions
minaret → location east of mecca where polgrims go to sepnd a night, throw 7 pebbles at a pillar symbolzing satan and perform an animal sacrifice
night journey of muhammed → born in mecca, arabia, he was an illiterate orphan who had visionary experiences. he married khadijah, who had employed him on her camel caravans, where he met jews and Christians. he retreated frequently to mount hira, where he felt the presence of the divine instructing him to write the qu ran the sacredd
Allah → the one divinity of Islam. Contraction of al-ilah "the deity"
ten plagues → god sent ________ to punish egypt until pharaoh released the Hebrew slaves. water turned to blood, fish died, water foul.
ash arism → muslim belief that the wyas of allah exceed human understanding, which requires revelation