← Learning Checks Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- nurture; nature
- role playing on attitudes
- REM sleep
- a In the context of debates regarding the origins of knowledge, Aristotle is to ________ as Plato is to ________.
- b Philip Zimbardo devised a simulated prison and randomly assigned college students to serve as prisoners or guards. This experiment best illustrated the impact of
- c At 3 o'clock in the morning, John has already slept for 4 hours. As long as his sleep continues, we can expect an increasing occurrence of
- d Interpreting new experiences in terms of existing schemas is called
- e Which term refers to all the mental activities associated with thinking, knowing, remembering, and communicating?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In a psychological experiment, the experimental factor that is manipulated by the investigator is called the ________ variable.
- The part of the brainstem that controls heartbeat and breathing is called the
- The selective loss of unused connections among brain cells is called
- After readin a newspaper report suggesting that drunken driving might have contributed to a recent auto accident, several people who actually witnessed the accident began to remember the driver involved as traveling more recklessly than was actually the case. This provides an example of
- Jordanna has decided to go to bed early. Although her eyes are closed and she's very relaxed, she has not yet fallen asleep. An EEG is most likely to indicate the presence of
5 True/False Questions
context-dependent memory → The cocktail party effect provides an example of
mirror neurons → Psychologists are currently debating whether our physical capacity for mentally simulating the observed behavior of others is due to specialized
frontal → The motor cortex is located in the ________ lobes
better reading ability is associated with greater physical weight among children → The hindsight bias refers to people's tendency to
an algorithm → A chess-playing computer program that routinely calculates all possible outcomes of all possible game moves best illustrates problem solving by means of