5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- an external locus of control
- pressure, pain, warmth, and cold
- delayed reinforcers
- a A student's choice to study at the beginning of the term for midterm exams as opposed to going to see a movie with friends best illustrates that human behavior can be influenced by
- b Mason, a stockbroker, runs two miles every day after work because it reduces his level of stress. Mason's running habit is maintained by a ________ reinforcer
- c Corretta is quiet, pessimistic, anxious, and moody. In terms of the Eysencks' basic personality dimensions she would be classified as
- d The sense of touch includes the four basic senstations of
- e Laura fails to recognize any connection between her unsafe sexual practices and the likelihood of contracting a sexually transmitted infection. Laura's lack of perceptiveness best illustrates the dangers of
5 Multiple choice questions
- Alex is suffering from Schizophrenia. This is most closely linked with excess receptor activity for the neurotransmitter
- Noam Chomsky suggested that all human languages share a(n)
- The most foolproof way of testing whether a newly introduced method of psychological therapy is truly effective is to use
- After he was spanked on several occasions for spilling his milk at a restaurant, Colin became afraid to go to the restaurant. In this case, spanking was a(n) _______ for Colin's fear.
- A brain tumor caused extensive damage to Mr. Thorndike's hypothalamus. It is most likely that he may suffer a loss of
5 True/False questions
associative learning → According to evolutionary psychologists, our predisposition to overconsume fatty junk foods illustrates that we are biologically prepared to behave in ways that promoted the ________ of our ancestors.
the perceived whole differs from the sum of its parts → The function of dendrites is to
minimize any differences between groups of participants. → A person's behavior is most likely to be consistent with his or her attitudes when
longitudinal → The same people are retested over a long period in a ________ study
learned helplessness → Compared with identical twins, fraternal twins are ________ similar in neuroticism and ________ similar in risk of divorcing.