5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- reaction formation
- operant conditioning
- junction between a sending neuron and a receiving neuron
- cognitive neuroscience
- critical period
- a Parents who disguise hostility toward their children by becoming overly protective of them are very likely using the defense mechanism of
- b The interdisciplinary study of the brain activity linked with mental activities such as perception, memory, and language is called
- c a synapse is an
- d Children often learn to associate pushing a vending machine button with the delivery of a candy bar. This best illustrates the process underlying
- e Sensory restriction is much more likely to hinder visual development in early infancy than during other times of life. This suggests that there is a(n) _________ for normal visual development
5 Multiple choice questions
- Compulsive gamblers frequently recall losing less money than is actually the case. THis memory failure best illustrates
- Compared with identical twins, fraternal twins are ________ similar in neuroticism and ________ similar in risk of divorcing.
- Compared with women, men are ________ likely to feel comfortable about having casual sex with different partners and ________ likely to cite affection as a reason for their first sexual intercourse.
- Dr. Ochoa develops tests to accurately identify the most qualified job applicants in a large manufacturing firm. Which psychological specialty does Dr. Ochoa's work best represent?
- The persistence of learning over time most clearly depends on
5 True/False questions
situations → Alex is suffering from Schizophrenia. This is most closely linked with excess receptor activity for the neurotransmitter
the perceived whole differs from the sum of its parts → The organizational rule identified by Gestalt psychologists illustrates that
associative learning → The interdisciplinary study of the brain activity linked with mental activities such as perception, memory, and language is called
flashbulb → When a placenta is first developed, it transfers nutrients and oxygen from mother to
negative → Alex is suffering from Schizophrenia. This is most closely linked with excess receptor activity for the neurotransmitter