5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the hippocampus and frontal lobes are immature during early infancy
- more; less
- change blindness
- biological predispositions
- stability and change.
- a Compared with women, men are ________ likely to feel comfortable about having casual sex with different partners and ________ likely to cite affection as a reason for their first sexual intercourse.
- b After pigs learned to pick up and deposit coins in a piggy bank, the pigs subsequently dropped the coins repeatedly and pushed them with their snouts. This best illustrates the importance of ________ in operant conditioning.
- c Four-year-old Karen can't remember anything of the first few months of her life. This is best explained by the fact that
- d The fact that many happy and well-adjusted adults were once rebellious and unhappy as adolescents is most relevant to the issue of
- e While a man provided directions to a construction worker, two experimenters rudely interrupted by passing between them carrying a door. The man's failure to notice that the construction worker was replaced by a different person during this interruption illustrates
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Big Five trait dimensions were identified by means of
- Dr. Winkle conducts basic research on the systematic changes in intelligence associated with aging. It is most likely that Dr. Winkle is a(n) ________ psychologist.
- The most foolproof way of testing whether a newly introduced method of psychological therapy is truly effective is to use
- Which of the following correlation coefficients expresses the weakest degree of relationship between two variables?
- After readin a newspaper report suggesting that drunken driving might have contributed to a recent auto accident, several people who actually witnessed the accident began to remember the driver involved as traveling more recklessly than was actually the case. This provides an example of
5 True/False questions
effortful processing → Consciously repeating the name of a new classmate you want to remember illustrates
have all of these results → A chess-playing computer program that routinely calculates all possible outcomes of all possible game moves best illustrates problem solving by means of
bodily needs → Morphine and heroin are
natural selection → Evolutionary psychology studies the evolution of behavior and the mind using principles of
preoperational → According to Piaget, a child can represent things with words and images but cannot reason with logic during the ________ stage.