5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- pressure, pain, warmth, and cold
- hair cells
- deliver electric shocks to a learner for giving incorrect answers
- a Dr. Winkle conducts basic research on the systematic changes in intelligence associated with aging. It is most likely that Dr. Winkle is a(n) ________ psychologist.
- b Participants in the Milgram obedience studies were ordered to
- c Cones and rods are to vision as _________ are to audition
- d The selective loss of unused connections among brain cells is called
- e The sense of touch includes the four basic senstations of
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Parents who disguise hostility toward their children by becoming overly protective of them are very likely using the defense mechanism of
- Sensory restriction is much more likely to hinder visual development in early infancy than during other times of life. This suggests that there is a(n) _________ for normal visual development
- Which type of memory has an essentially limitless capacity?
- Perceiving objects as unchanging even as illumination and retinal images change is known as
- Alex is suffering from Schizophrenia. This is most closely linked with excess receptor activity for the neurotransmitter
5 True/False Questions
retrieval cue → Simple thinking strategies that allow us to solve problems and make judgments efficiently are called
nurture; nature → Positive reinforcers _________ the rate of operant responding, and negative reinforces _________ the rate of operant responding.
continuity and stages → Mary believes that cognitive development is a matter of gradual and almost imperceptible changes over time. Her viewpoint is most directly relevant to the issue of
the case study → To understand the unusual behavior of an adult client, a clinical psychologist carefully investigates the client's current life situation and his physical, social-cultural, and educational history. Which research method has the psychologist used?
even ordinary people, who are not usually hostile, can become agents of destruction. → The hindsight bias refers to people's tendency to