5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- receive incoming signals from other neurons
- biological predispositions
- deliver electric shocks to a learner for giving incorrect answers
- a Participants in the Milgram obedience studies were ordered to
- b Parents who are demanding and yet sensitively responsive to their children are said to be
- c The function of dendrites is to
- d Susan has been diagnosed with having an undersupply of serotonin. This could explain some of her recent thoughts, emotions and behaviors because serotonin is most closely linked to
- e Garcia and Koelling's studies of taste aversion in rats demonstrated that classical conditioning is constrained by
5 Multiple choice questions
- The interdisciplinary study of the brain activity linked with mental activities such as perception, memory, and language is called
- Professor Assad suggested that a cautious attitude toward sexual encounters has proven to be more reproductively advantageous to women than to men because the birth process is more time-consuming for women than for men. This suggestion best illustrates the logic of a(n) ________ theory of sexual behavior.
- Because of the discomfort and embarrassment associated with his childhood bed-wetting, Andrew becomes nervous whenever he sense an urge to urinate. If genital arousal subsequently makes Andrew unusually anxious, this would best illustrate
- Jordanna has decided to go to bed early. Although her eyes are closed and she's very relaxed, she has not yet fallen asleep. An EEG is most likely to indicate the presence of
- Psychologists define learning as
5 True/False questions
naturalistic observation → Evolutionary psychology studies the evolution of behavior and the mind using principles of
social influence theory → Which theory suggests that hypnosis involves inducing someone to enact the role of a hypnotic subject?
proactive interference → The cocktail party effect provides an example of
early adulthood → Physical abilities such as muscular strength, reaction time, sensory keenness, and cardiac output reach their peak during
the case study → Which research method would be most appropriate for investigating the relationship between the religious beliefs of Americans and their attitudes toward abortion?