← Bio Vocab ch. 9 Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- made up of microtubules. Used in cell division to separate the cell chromosomes
- 3rd stage of mitosis in which sister chromatids are pulled apart and microtubules, along with motor proteins, move the chromosomes to opposite poles of the cell
- structure that contains identical DNA copies and is formed during DNA replication
- Deoxyribonucleic acid, a self-replicating material present in nearly all living organisms as the main constituent of chromosomes. It is the carrier of genetic information.
- cell structure that joins two sister chromatids. Where the spindle fibers connect
- relaxed form of DNA in the nucleus of a cell
6 True/False Questions
Telophase → 1st stage of mitosis, during which the cell's chromatin condenses into chromosomes. The nuclear membrane disappears.
Mitosis → The second stage of cell division, between prophase and anaphase, during which the chromosomes become attached to the spindle fibers
Nucleotide → A compound consisting of a nucleoside linked to a phosphate group. Nucleotides form the basic structural unit of nucleic acids such as DNA. Sub-unit of DNA
Stem Cell → cells are growing out of control. The cell cycle us going out of control and causing the cells to divide too quickly. Can be caused by genetics or something else.
Cancer → cells are growing out of control. The cell cycle us going out of control and causing the cells to divide too quickly. Can be caused by genetics or something else.
Carcinogen → A substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue