7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2nd main stage of the cell cycle during which the cells replicated DNA divides and two genetically identical diploid daughter cells are produced
- first stage of the cell cycle, during which a cell grows, matures, and replicates its DNA (gets ready for mitosis)
- last stage of mitosis in which nucleoli reappear. two new nuclear membranes begin to form, but the cell has not yet completely divided
- Deoxyribonucleic acid, a self-replicating material present in nearly all living organisms as the main constituent of chromosomes. It is the carrier of genetic information.
- DNA-containing structure that carries genetic material from one generation to another
- 3rd main stage of the cell cycle, during which the cell's cytoplasm divides, creating a new cell
6 True/False Questions
Carcinogen → A substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue
Spindle Fibers (spindle apparatus) → first stage of the cell cycle, during which a cell grows, matures, and replicates its DNA (gets ready for mitosis)
Cell Cycle → process of cellular reproduction, occurring in three main stages- interphase (growth), mitosis (nuclear division), and cytokinesis (cytoplasm division)
Anaphase → 1st stage of mitosis, during which the cell's chromatin condenses into chromosomes. The nuclear membrane disappears.
Nucleotide → A compound consisting of a nucleoside linked to a phosphate group. Nucleotides form the basic structural unit of nucleic acids such as DNA. Sub-unit of DNA
Stem Cell → An unspecialized cell that with the right conditions can be changed into a specialized cell