5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What Gram positive rod is Hippurate/CAMP positive?
- What tests are used to differentiate Strep species that are Gamma hemolytic?
- What tests are used to differentiate Strep species that are Beta hemolytic?
- Corynebacterium is _____-hemolytic on BAP?
- What Gram positive rod uses the Elek test to determine toxicity of the organism?
- a -CAMP/Hippurate
-6.5% Salt Tolerance
- b -A Disk
- c Corynebacterium diphtheriae
- d Gamma
- e Listeria
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Gram positive rods with spores visible
- -Group A Strep
-Group B Strep
- Group D Strep - Not Enterococcus
- Group B Strep (S. agalactiae)
5 True/False Questions
What are the names used for identifying Satelliting Strep? → Abiotrophia and Granulicatella
What Gram positive rod exhibits an "umbrella-like" motility? → Listeria
What Gram positive rod is isolated by growth on BAP, Tinsdale/Cystine-Tellurite, and Pai/Loeffler media? → Corynebacterium diphtheriae
What is the Gram stain appearance of Corynebacterium? → Gram positive rod (Pleomorphic; "Chinese Letters")
What is the Gram stain appearance of Bacillus anthracis? → Gram positive rods with spores not visible