5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What Gram positive rod is isolated by growth on BAP, Tinsdale/Cystine-Tellurite, and Pai/Loeffler media?
- Which Strep species are Beta hemolytic?
- Arcanobacterium is _____-hemolytic on BAP?
- What tests are used to differentiate Strep species that are Beta hemolytic?
- What tests are used to differentiate Strep species that are Alpha hemolytic?
- a -Group A Strep
-Group B Strep
- b -A Disk
- c Beta
- d -P Disk
-6.5% Salt Tolerance
- e Corynebacterium diphtheriae
5 Multiple choice questions
- Bacillus anthracis
- Pyridoxal (vitamin B6)
- -Group B Strep
-Group D Strep - Not Enterococcus
- Group B Strep (S. agalactiae)
- Elek Test
5 True/False questions
Bacillus anthracis is _____-hemolytic on BAP? → Beta
What Gram positive rod is Bile Esculin (BEA) positive? → Listeria
What is the Gram stain appearance of Bacillus anthracis? → Gram positive rods with spores not visible
Listeria is _____-hemolytic on BAP? → Gamma
Bile Esculin: Positive
Salt: Negative → Group D Strep - Not Enterococcus