5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which Strep species are Gamma hemolytic?
- P Disk (Optochin): Susceptible
Bile Solubility: Positive
- What are the names used for identifying Satelliting Strep?
- What tests are used to differentiate Strep species that are Gamma hemolytic?
- What organisms have a positive motility at 25C?
- a Strep pneumococcus
- b Listeria & Yersinia
- c Abiotrophia and Granulicatella
- d -Group B Strep
-Group D Strep - Not Enterococcus
- e -CAMP/Hippurate
-6.5% Salt Tolerance
5 Multiple choice questions
- Bacillus Species & Erysipelothrix
- Group A Strep (S. pyogenes)
- Corynebacterium diphtheriae
5 True/False questions
Corynebacterium is _____-hemolytic on BAP? → Gamma
Immunodiffusion test; line of precipitation forms in test agar when diphtheria toxin interacts with diphtheria toxin → Elek Test
What is the Gram stain appearance of Bacillus species? → Gram positive rods with spores visible
What is the Gram stain appearance of Erysipelothrix? → Gram positive coccobacilli
What Gram positive rod is Hippurate/CAMP positive? → Bacillus species & Listeria