5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bile Esculin: Positive
- What is the Gram stain appearance of Lactobacillus?
- Which Strep species are Beta hemolytic?
- Which Strep species are Alpha hemolytic?
- What is the Gram stain appearance of Erysipelothrix?
- a Gram positive rods (chains)
- b Group D Strep - Not Enterococcus
- c Gram positive rod
- d -Strep pneumococcus
-Group D Strep - Not Enterococcus
- e -Group A Strep
-Group B Strep
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Bacillus Species & Erysipelothrix
- Pyridoxal (vitamin B6)
- Gram positive coccobacilli
5 True/False Questions
P Disk (Optochin): Susceptible
Bile Solubility: Positive → Group A Strep (S. pyogenes)
What Gram positive rod is Bile Esculin (BEA) positive? → Listeria
Which Gram positive rod has metachromatic granules on a Methylene Blue stain? → Corynebacterium diphtheriae
What organisms have a positive motility at 25C? → Bacillus species & Listeria
What tests are used to differentiate Strep species that are Beta hemolytic? → -CAMP/Hippurate
-6.5% Salt Tolerance