5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which Gram positive rod produces H2S?
- What Gram positive rod is Hippurate/CAMP positive?
- What Gram positive rod uses the Elek test to determine toxicity of the organism?
- Corynebacterium is _____-hemolytic on BAP?
- Which organisms form spores?
- a Corynebacterium diphtheriae
- b Gamma
- c Listeria
- d Bacillus & Clostridium
- e Erysipelothrix
5 Multiple choice questions
- Corynebacterium diphtheriae
- Strep pneumococcus
- Viridans Strep
- Bacillus species & Listeria
5 True/False questions
Bile Esculin: Positive
PYR: Positive → Group D Strep - Not Enterococcus
What tests are used to differentiate Strep species that are Beta hemolytic? → -P Disk
-6.5% Salt Tolerance
What Gram positive rod exhibits an "umbrella-like" motility? → Bacillus species & Listeria
Which Strep species are Beta hemolytic? → -Group A Strep
-Group B Strep
What are Satelliting Strep deficient in? → Pyridoxal (vitamin B6)