← Ch. 4 Vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Primary Succession
- Tolerance Limits
- Ecological Development
- Batesian Mimicry
- a gradual process of environmental change brought about by organisms (succession)
- b succession that begins in an area that has never been occupied by a community
- c When one species mimics color, patterns, or body shapes of poisonous species.
- d chemical and/or physical factors that limit the existence, growth, abundance, or distribution of an organism
- e the behavior of a male animal that defines and defends its territory
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- community subject to periodic disruptions, often by fire, that prevent it from reaching a climax stage
- Total number of organisms in a biological community
- a symbiotic relationship in which on organism lives on or in (feeds), the parasite on another living organism (host); one organism is aided by the association, the other is "harmed" in varying degrees depending upon the relationship
- transition zone between two adjacent ecological communities
- One organism benefits, the other is unharmed.
5 True/False Questions
Intraspecific Competition → competition for the same resources between members of different species
Secondary Succession → succession that begins in an area that has never been occupied by a community
Coevolution → Evolution caused by the evolution of another species.
Predator → a relationship in which an organism of one species (predator) captures and feeds on parts or all of another species (prey)
Mutualism → One organism benefits, the other is unharmed.