5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The painting "Rouen Cathedral" is vague , cloudy and elusive. Who was it by?
- The 20th Century timeframe is?
- Until the last part of the 19th century, the _____ of most compositions was quite standardized.
- Chords in which a large number of adjacent pitches are all sounded at once. On the piano, a it can be played by pushing down all the keys under the length of your forearm.
- A style of musical composition in which the outlines are blurred and there is a great deal of harmonic ambiguitly, often created by whole-tone, pentatonic or chromatic melodic lines. Its natural fluidity can create an atmosphere that exceeds all the other forms of art.
- a 1900-2000
- b Length
- c Impressionalism
- d Monet
- e Tone Clusters
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Synthesizers and Electronic instruments
- drums, gongs, bells, wooden blocks, whips , rattles, tambourines and melodic percussion instruments like xylophones, glockenspiel and chimes (tubular bells)
5 True/False Questions
A strict unifying melodic system based on a series of twelve notes. All of the notes in an octave are used, and kept in a strict order established in advance by the composer. This order must be followed throughout the piece → Synthesizers and Electronic instruments
The simultaneous sounding of two or more keys at once. → Percussion section
This new electronic instrument, which produces sound by means of electronic generators and a THERMIN. → Telharmonium
What are the 5 characteristics of 20th century music? → 1900-2000
Orchestra music had only been called for.. → 1900-2000