5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of Fallen Timbers
- Alien Laws
- Alexander Hamilton
- George Washington
- XYZ Affair
- a Post-revolution war, British instigate Native American attacks, but "Mad" Anthony Wayne defeats them in Ohio Valley and gets the Greenville treaty, which cedes Native American land in Ohio Valley to U.S.
- b Delegate to the Constitutional Convention and leader of the Federalists; first secretary of the treasury.
- c Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
- d France and England start to seize American ships; starts an "unofficial war" between America and France; Causes the creation of 33 ships for a navy and ends long treaty with France
- e Laws in which residence before citizenship changed from five years to fourteen, and the President was given power to deport (in times of peace) or imprison (in times of war) dangerous immigrants
5 Multiple choice questions
- Made it a crime to criticize the government or government officials. Opponents claimed that it violated citizens' rights to freedom of speech and freedom of the press, gauranteed by the First Amednment.
- free navigation of the Mississippi River; right to deposit goods New Orleans, no customs no more indian attacks
- a government tax on imports or exports
- a statement of fundamental rights and privileges (especially the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution)
- the historic period (1793-94) during the French Revolution when thousands were executed
5 True/False questions
excise tax → the French king who gave money and troops to help the patriots
John Jay → America's first Vice-President and second President. Sponsor of the American Revolution in Massachusetts, and wrote the Massachusetts guarantee that freedom of press "ought not to be restrained."
Judiciary Act of 1789 → In 1789 Congress passed this Act which created the federal-court system. The act managed to quiet popular apprehensions by establishing in each state a federal district court that operated according to local procedures.
Louis XVI → a tax that is measured by the amount of business done (not on property or income from real estate)
Little Turtle → a tax that is measured by the amount of business done (not on property or income from real estate)