Viquesney Chap 4 Practice Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- four lines of different colors
- distance between wave crests
- photoelectric effect
- a The emission of electrons from metals that have absorbed photons is called the...?
- b The product of the frequency and the wavelength of a wavelength equals the...?
- c When the pink-colored light of glowing hydrogen gas passes through a prism, it is possible to see...?
- d How many electrons does the d sublevel hold?
- e How many orbitals does the s sublevel hold?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- How many electrons does the f sublevel hold?
- An element with 8 electrons in its highest main energy level is a...?
- A spherical electron cloud surrounding an atomic nucleus would best represent a(n) __ orbital.
- A line spectrum is produced when an electron moves from one energy level to a...?
- Max Planck proposed that a hot object radiated energy in small, specific amounts called...?
5 True/False Questions
Hund's rule → "Orbitals of equal energy are each occupied by one electron before any is occupied by a second electron, and all electrons in singly occupied orbitals must have the same spin" is a statement of...?
p orbitals → What is the three dimensional region around a nucleus in which an electron may be found?
5s → A spherical electron cloud surrounding an atomic nucleus would best represent a(n) __ orbital.
longer → If electromagnetic radiation A has a lower frequency than electromagnetic radiation B, then compared to B, the wavelength of A is...?
32 → How many electrons are needed to completely fill the fourth sublevel?