5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Psychological adaptive behaviors
- Dysthymic disorder
- Domestic Abuse: Phase II"Acute Battering" (MAN)
- Implementation-Stress (3)
- a Trigger event is either internal or external
Battering occurs privately
Threaten more harm if partner tries to get help
Tries to justify behavior
Minimizes the severity
Stress is relieved
- b Neurochemical, physical,
- c learn skills that reduce physiological response to stress.
Regular exercise, support systems, muscle relaxation, cognitive therapy, assertiveness training, stress management in the workplace.
- d Compensation, Conversion, Denial, Displacement
Identification, Dissociation, Regression
- e Condition of chronicity
Symptoms lasting 2 years or more
Depressed mood more than happy mood.
5 Multiple choice questions
- _______ are disruptive forces, events affect us professionally, Stimulates thinking processes
Can provide stimulation and motivation
Can cause discomfort and retreat
- a behavior or activity to change or manage a situation that the person feels is potentially harmful or dangerous.
Adaptive and recovery of health. Palliative or temporary relief.
- Lag time before symptoms improve
Monitor for increased suicidal tendencies
Monitor for cheeking and hoarding
Monitor vital signs
Observe for signs of early toxicity
Monitor sexual side effects of SSRIs
Be aware of drug-drug and drug-food interactions
- Recognize clues to abuse in assessment
Provide privacy for interview
Convey that others are willing to help
Reiterate survivor did not cause or deserve abuse
Convey survivor has worth, dignity
Acknowledge fear, ambivalence
Do not rush or coerce; support trials of counseling
- Loss of a parent
Death of another individual close to child
Death of a pet
Moving to a new city and or neighborhood
Academic problems or failure
Significant physical illness or injury
5 True/False questions
Process of Anxiety → Stressor, Anxiety, Coping
Key Factors in Depression → Appetite disturbance/weight change
Fatigue or loss of energy
Recurrent thoughts of death/suicide
Examples of stress related problems include → Anxiety, Care giver role strain, Compromised family coping, Ineffective coping, Fear, Chronic pain, Post-trauma syndromes.
Domestic Abuse: Honeymoon: Stage III
(WOMAN) → is loving, charming, begging for forgiveness, making promises.
Truly believes it will never happen again.
Factors influencing the response to stress → Intensity, Scope, Duration, Amount,Predictability
Characteristics of the person that influence the response, Level of control, feeling competent, cognitive appraisal and number of supports available.