5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Biologic model (Selye)
- Psychodynamic model (Freud)
- Levels of Anxiety (Mild +1)
- a tolerate and may benefit from it.
Becoming highly alert, mild uneasiness, feeling butterflies in stomach.
- b coping strategies provide short term respite from pain or adversity and do not resolve the situation.
- c General adaptation Syndrome (GAS)
Release of hormones to counter act stress.
Physical and psychological cause additional stress if the cycle
- d coping strategies produce long term positive results in dealing with the situation.
- e Need to control anxiety comes from conflicts between id and super ego
5 Multiple choice questions
- comfort care, temporarily decreases problem, not solving.
- coping is not successful in resolving problem or anxiety. New problems develop due to the means of behavior
- Identify for the level of anxiety.
Listen to client and look for body language.
Keep outside stimulation low, when anxiety is high, Provide for privacy.
Acknowledge anxious behavior, If patient is trying to cope, assist them to more effectively.
Maintain accepting and helpful attitude.
Hormones released for energy, Adrenaline, Cortical hormones, Fight or flight response
If anxiety is resolved hormone levels back to normalContinued anxiety causes body to move to stage of exhaustion. Resources depleted is coping not effective
Exhaustion- depletion of adrenal hormones, development of ulcers, CVD, depression
- Decrease anxiety, use firm simple direction, seclusion, meds.
Give IM medication; use time-out prn
5 True/False questions
Process of Anxiety → Stressor
Neurochemical Psycologic emotional reactions
Coping behaviors (Adaptive, Palliative, Maladaptive, Dysfunctional)
Anxiety → Period of disorganization
Failure of usual coping mechanisms, Lack of usual resources
Time: Limited to 4-6 weeks
Suicide assessment essential
Interpersonal model (Sullivan) → Learned behaviors in life to deal with stress
Anxiety interventions (Mild, +1) → Guide firmly, assume control physically
Use IM medication, restraints prn
Levels of Anxiety (Panic + 4) → Symptoms of severe anxiety, and inability to function, dread, terror, personality disorganization
Actual flight or fight