← Geology Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is ductile behavior?
- What are shield volcanos?
- What is specific yield?
- What is elastic behavior?
- a Resistance of a material to flow.
- b A deformation where change is recoverable. Like a rubber band, the rock will return to nearly its original size and shape.
- c Produced by the accumulation of fluid basaltic lavas and exhibit the shape of a shield.
- d Deformation where rocks do not fracture, but slowly change.
- e The portion of groundwater that will drain under the influence of gravity.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Rough jagged blocks, Basaltic
- The percentage of the total volume of rock or sediment that consists of pore spaces.
- The ground may sink when water is pumped from wells faster than the natural recharge processes can replace it.
- Basalt lava, low viscosity, Non-violent eruptions.
- The intensity and the damage of earthquakes.
5 True/False Questions
What does magnitude measure? → The amount of energy released at an earthquake's source. Increases exponentially.
What factors control the style of volcanic eruptions? → Composition, temperature and the amount of dissolved gas
What composition is the magma of stratovolcanoes? → Gas-rich andesitic magma, some is basaltic
What is deformation? → A general term that refers to all change in the shape, position or orientation of a rock mass- usually by flowing, folding, fracturing or faulting.
What are Stratovolcanoes? → Produced by the accumulation of fluid basaltic lavas and exhibit the shape of a shield.