5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is characteristic of work groups with too little conflict?
C. Political infighting
D. Lack of teamwork
- When issues causing conflict are trivial, or when emotions are high and a cooling-off period would be helpful, which conflict-handling style is preferable?
- The ______ stage of team development is characterized by the emergence of individual personalities and roles and conflicts within the group.
- Which of the following is NOT a reason to enforce norms?
A. To clarify role expectations
B. To create a written document of behavioral guidelines for new employees
C. To help the group survive
D. To emphasize the group's important values
E. To help individuals avoid embarrassing situations
- Someone at a team meeting who says, "Let's hear from those who oppose this plan" is performing a ______ role.
- a D. Avoiding
- b B. To create a written document of behavioral guidelines for new employees
- c E. storming
- d B. Indecision
- e A. maintenance
5 Multiple choice questions
- C. someone besides the leader challenges the group to resolve power struggles.
- B. allow people to socialize.
- A. avoiding
- C. maintenance
- A. The group seems to be apathetic.
5 True/False questions
A data processing group is an example of a(n)
A. routine team.
B. action team.
C. advice team.
D. production team.
E. project team. → D. production team.
Two or more freely interacting individuals who share collective norms, share collective goals, and have a common identity are called a
B. self-managing work team.
C. collaborative unit.
D. quality circle.
E. group. → E. group.
Which of the following is an important aspect when creating a self-managed team?
A. Lessen the authority and autonomy that is granted
B. Require participation to be outside of normal working hours
C. Allow workers to simply do their own thing
D. Use team bonuses
E. Require voluntary only membership → D. Use team bonuses
A _______ is defined as a small group of people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose, performance goals, and approach for which they hold themselves accountable.
A. cross-functional team
E. formal group → C. team
Self-managed teams are groups of workers who have been given ______ for their task domains.
A. individual incentives
B. administrative oversight
C. reduced responsibility
D. complete freedom
E. no technology → B. administrative oversight