5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A work team that works to accomplish tasks that require people with specialized training and a high degree of coordination is called a(n)
A. production team.
B. project team.
C. development team.
D. action team.
E. advice team.
- Which of the following is a disadvantage of smaller groups?
A. Unfair work distribution
B. Autocratic leadership
C. Lower morale
D. Tendency to form cliques
E. Tendency to take unreasonable risk
- A group that is created to do something productive for the organization and is headed by a leader is called a(n)
A. dynamic group.
B. formal group.
C. normative group.
D. informal group.
E. network group.
- Since hard feelings about group leadership and assignments had passed, Phillip's group seemed to be relating much better. At the meeting tomorrow he should
A. help the team identify group goals and values.
B. encourage members to voice disagreements.
C. help people get to know each other.
D. empower the members.
E. throw a party.
- Which of the following is an important aspect when creating a self-managed team?
A. Lessen the authority and autonomy that is granted
B. Require participation to be outside of normal working hours
C. Allow workers to simply do their own thing
D. Use team bonuses
E. Require voluntary only membership
- a A. help the team identify group goals and values.
- b B. formal group.
- c A. Unfair work distribution
- d D. Use team bonuses
- e D. action team.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A. task ambiguity.
- A. storming
- D. meet regularly, face to face.
- D. status differences.
- D. allow members to hire their own co-workers.
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following is a manifestation of excessive conflict in the workplace?
B. Lack of creativity
C. Missed deadlines
E. Indecision → D. Violence
The principal by-product of the norming stage of team development is
C. group cohesiveness.
E. empowerment → C. group cohesiveness.
Which of the following is NOT one of the stages of group and team development?
E. Performing → E. Allowing off-the-job social events
The disadvantage of the ______ conflict-handling style is that it is very time consuming.
E. accommodating → C. group cohesiveness.
Who are typical members of continuous improvement teams?
A. Workers and supervisors
B. Supervisors and managers
C. Managers and agents representing competitors
D. Outside suppliers
E. Customers and suppliers → B. A type of advice team