5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ______ strives to devise solutions that benefit both parties.
- Keith asked Becky, one of his team members, to purposefully think of and voice criticisms as the group discussed a popular idea to open a branch office in another state. This is an example of the use of
A. devil's advocacy.
C. the dialectic method.
E. dysfunctional conflict.
- Self-managed teams are groups of workers who have been given ______ for their task domains.
A. individual incentives
B. administrative oversight
C. reduced responsibility
D. complete freedom
E. no technology
- Kazimir has missed another deadline and his boss Carla is furious. She will have to explain to the client again why the project is behind. Carla thinks she may say something she'll regret if she talks to Kazimir about this now, so she decides to wait awhile. Carla is using the ______ conflict-handling style.
- Administrative oversight given to self-managed teams does NOT include
B. scheduling work
C. implementing change
D. monitoring performance
- a B. Collaborating
- b B. administrative oversight
- c A. devil's advocacy.
- d C. implementing change
- e A. avoiding
5 Multiple choice questions
- A. roles
- E. formal group.
- C. team
- E. Group cohesiveness
- D. Use team bonuses
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is the best way to manage virtual teams?
A. Focus on what is accomplished, not hours or locations.
B. When beginning with a virtual team, set the final deadline and reprimand any virtual team members who don't make the deadline.
C. Because you don't have face-to-face contact, relay instructions via phone.
D. Require each team member to keep their own personal record of the work that's been done as a team.
E. Utilize employees on a global team around the clock. → A. Focus on what is accomplished, not hours or locations.
A ______ role is behavior that concentrates on getting the team's work done.
E. production → D. task
Who are typical members of continuous improvement teams?
A. Workers and supervisors
B. Supervisors and managers
C. Managers and agents representing competitors
D. Outside suppliers
E. Customers and suppliers → B. A type of advice team
______ is designed to elicit different opinions without inciting people's personal feelings.
B. Programmed conflict
C. Social loafing
E. Dysfunctional conflict → C. team
Abel, whose primary job is supervising a small production group, is not getting cooperation from all members on the cross-functional team he leads. In particular, Samantha, a marketing manager, seems to resist his direction. The source of conflict in this can be
A. time pressure.
B. a personality clash.
C. communication failure.
D. status differences.
E. ambiguous jurisdictions. → D. status differences.