5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The question the group is asking during the forming stage of group development is
A. "Why are we here?"
B. "What's next?"
C. "Can we do the job properly?"
D. "Why are we fighting about who does what?"
E. "Can we agree on roles and work as a team?"
- A data processing group is an example of a(n)
A. routine team.
B. action team.
C. advice team.
D. production team.
E. project team.
- In which of the following conditions should constructive conflict be stimulated?
A. The group seems to be apathetic.
B. Managers want to achieve work objectives.
C. The group is adapting to change.
D. Managers are in charge of self-managed teams.
E. There is a lot of internal competition.
- During the performing stage of team development, the group answers the question
A. "Can we agree on roles and work as a team?"
B. "Why are we here?"
C. "Why are we fighting?"
D. "Can we do the job properly?"
E. "Who's in charge?"
- The stage during which a group sets guidelines about issues like attendance and punctuality is the ______ stage.
- a A. norming
- b D. production team.
- c A. The group seems to be apathetic.
- d D. "Can we do the job properly?"
- e A. "Why are we here?"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- C. concentrate on solving problems.
- E. virtual team.
- B. norming
- D. "What do the others expect me to do?"
- D. status differences.
5 True/False Questions
A _______ is defined as a small group of people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose, performance goals, and approach for which they hold themselves accountable.
A. cross-functional team
E. formal group → E. The dialectic method
Almost every day at 11:30, Tara and four of her coworkers met to walk the wilderness trail behind their office building. This is an example of a(n)
A. continuous improvement team.
B. informal group.
C. self-managed team.
D. virtual team.
E. formal group. → B. informal group.
Since hard feelings about group leadership and assignments had passed, Phillip's group seemed to be relating much better. At the meeting tomorrow he should
A. help the team identify group goals and values.
B. encourage members to voice disagreements.
C. help people get to know each other.
D. empower the members.
E. throw a party. → C. concentrate on solving problems.
Someone at a team meeting who says, "Let's hear from those who oppose this plan" is performing a ______ role.
E. task → A. roles
Keith asked Becky, one of his team members, to purposefully think of and voice criticisms as the group discussed a popular idea to open a branch office in another state. This is an example of the use of
A. devil's advocacy.
C. the dialectic method.
E. dysfunctional conflict. → A. avoiding