5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- de jure segregation
- Freedom Summer
- affirmative action
- freedom riders
- a a 1964 project to register African-American voters in Mississippi.
- b a policy that seeks to correct the effects of past discrimination by favoring the groups who were previously disadvantaged.
- c a form of demonstration used by African Americans to protest discrimination, in which the protesters sit downin a segregated business and refuse to leave until they are served.
- d racial separation established by law.
- e one of the civil rights activists who rode buses through the south in the early 1960's to challenge segregation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a slogan used by Stokely Carmichael in the 1960's that encouraged African-American pide and political and social leadership.
- an organization formed in 1957 by Dr. MLK JR and other leaders to work for civil rights through nonviolent means
- air force veteran won a federal court case that allowed him to enroll in the all white universiy of Mississippi, but when he arrived on campus, Gov Ross Varnett refused to let him register as a student.
- Marshall and his NAACP lawyers won 29 out of 32 cases argued before the supreme court
- a group that was appointd by president johnson to study the causes of urban violence and that recommended the elimination of de facto segreagation in American society.
5 True/False questions
Black Panthers → a slogan used by Stokely Carmichael in the 1960's that encouraged African-American pide and political and social leadership.
Brown v Board of Education of Topeka → a religious group, popularly known as the Blac Muslims, founded by Elijah Muhammad to promote black separatism and the Islamic religion.
Voting Rights Act of 1965 → a law that made it easier for African Americans to register to vote by eliminating discriminatory literacy tests and authorizing federal examiners to enroll voters denied at the local level.
Civil Rights Act of 1968 → a law that banned discrimination in housing
Civil Rights Act of 1964 → a law that banned discrimination in housing