5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- James Meredith
- Brown v Board of Education of Topeka
- Black Panthers
- Stokely Carmichael
- Thurgood Marshall
- a of SNCC decided to lead their followers in a march to finish what Meredith had started.(violent)
- b a militant African-American political organization formed in 1966 by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale to fight police brutality and to provide services in the ghetto.
- c air force veteran won a federal court case that allowed him to enroll in the all white universiy of Mississippi, but when he arrived on campus, Gov Ross Varnett refused to let him register as a student.
- d Marshall and his NAACP lawyers won 29 out of 32 cases argued before the supreme court
- e 1954 case in which the supreme court ruled that "separate but equal" education for black and white students was unconstitutional.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a slogan used by Stokely Carmichael in the 1960's that encouraged African-American pide and political and social leadership.
- a religious group, popularly known as the Blac Muslims, founded by Elijah Muhammad to promote black separatism and the Islamic religion.
- a form of demonstration used by African Americans to protest discrimination, in which the protesters sit downin a segregated business and refuse to leave until they are served.
- racial separation established by practice an custom, not by law.
- one of the civil rights activists who rode buses through the south in the early 1960's to challenge segregation.
5 True/False Questions
Fannie Lou Hamer → daughter of Mississippi sharecroppers, was the voice for the African Americans at the 1964 Democratic National Convention.
Martin Luther King, Jr. → daughter of Mississippi sharecroppers, was the voice for the African Americans at the 1964 Democratic National Convention.
Freedom Summer → one of the civil rights activists who rode buses through the south in the early 1960's to challenge segregation.
Civil Rights Act of 1968 → a law that banned discrimination in housing
Malcolm X → while in jail, read about the nation of islam, became an islamic minister, believed in black separatism.