5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ball and socket joint
- skeletal system
- parts of bone
- a a group of similar cells that perform a common function
- b gives best range of motion
- c **The bodily system that consists of the bones, their associated cartilages, and the joints, and supports and protects the body, produces blood cells, and stores minerals.
- d **one of a million tiny filtered structures found in the kidneys that removes wastes from blood and produces urine.
- e compact bone, outer membrane, marrow, spongy bone
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- lets one bone pivot around another
- a collection of tissues that carry out a specialized function of the body
- group of organs that work together to perform a specific function
- strong connective tissue that attaches muscle to bone
- a system (including the thymus and bone marrow and lymphoid tissues) that protects the body from foreign substances and pathogenic organisms by producing the immune response
5 True/False Questions
epithelial → Microbes that cause disease
2 types of joints → voluntary & involuntary
digestive system → Breaks down food into absorbable units that enter the blood for distribution to body cells. Indigestible foodstuffs are eliminated as feces.
sliding joint → lets one joint slide around another
kinds of marrow → red marrow: makes blood cells
yellow marrow: stores fat