5 Written Questions
4 Multiple Choice Questions
- Searchers follow other in a concentric circle from the outside to the center of the crime scene.
- Prepared by investigator at the crime scene.
- 1. Consent
3. Public Place
4. Plain View
- 1. Explain how officers can make a warrantless entry of the crime scene to do an initial assessment of the danger to life or safety and destructibility of evidence.
2. Provide steps they can take to resolve a particular emergency (such as protection sweeps, searches for destructible evidence, diagramming, photographing, videotaping, etc.
4 True/False Questions
What are the four policies by D.H.Garrison Jr.'s on protecting the crime scene? → 1. The officer assigned to crime scene's main entry must log in all visitors. Absolutely no undocumented visitors should be allowed into area.
2. All officers at the scene must complete a standard report describing their involvement and their specific actions while at the scene.
3. All visitors must make available any requested exemplar ( hair, blood, shoeprints, fingerprints, etc.) for elimination purposes.
4. The highest ranking officer entering a crime scene must assume responsibility for all subsequent visitors to the scene.
Overlapping → Photographins the entire scene in a clockwise manner.
Finished Sketch → Prepared later by a professional for presentation in court.
Wheel Search → Scene is divided into quadrants, with each quadrant searched by one searcher.