5 Written Questions
4 Multiple Choice Questions
- Searchers follow other in a concentric circle from the outside to the center of the crime scene.
- 1. The officer assigned to crime scene's main entry must log in all visitors. Absolutely no undocumented visitors should be allowed into area.
2. All officers at the scene must complete a standard report describing their involvement and their specific actions while at the scene.
3. All visitors must make available any requested exemplar ( hair, blood, shoeprints, fingerprints, etc.) for elimination purposes.
4. The highest ranking officer entering a crime scene must assume responsibility for all subsequent visitors to the scene.
- Prepared later by a professional for presentation in court.
- Photographins the entire scene in a clockwise manner.
4 True/False Questions
Zone Search → The searchers start at the center of the crime scene and "spoke out" in different directions to the outer limits of the scene.
What are the most common justifications for one to search without a search warrant? → 1. Consent
3. Public Place
4. Plain View
The FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin should... → 1. Explain how officers can make a warrantless entry of the crime scene to do an initial assessment of the danger to life or safety and destructibility of evidence.
2. Provide steps they can take to resolve a particular emergency (such as protection sweeps, searches for destructible evidence, diagramming, photographing, videotaping, etc.
To make sure the crime scene is pristine → What is the main goal of the crime scene investigation?