5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Gold's Cognitive Control Theory
- Neo Freudian Theory of Criminality
- Proposed the idea that the ego faces a crisis during specific stages of development, and if this crisis is not succsesfully overcome, it can lead to personality disorders
- Yochelson and Samenow Criminal Personality Approach
- a Alcohol and drug usage confirms the substance abuser's belief that he or she is unable to function on their own.
- b Erik Erikson
- c Causes of personalities are thought to be caused by the free will of the individual
- d can be thought of as the mental or psychic processes underlying personality characteristics, traits, and their development.
- e Believed that crime reults from a too-powerful id.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- appear to be very charming, aggressive, and carefree individuals when first encountered.
- View self as nothing
Belief that others share this view
Believe that this state is permanent
- Crime is but one form of deviance--proposed that much deviance resulted from an excessive sense of guilt as a result of an overdeveloped ego.
- Sexual sadism, 10
5 True/False Questions
Time horizon → A change of anger in criminals that goes from frequent to intense, and takes over and generalizes from an isolated situation to become a hatred of the world or some category or people in it.
It is presumed that as the ____ becomes more and more developed, it becomes more and more moral → Conscience
___-___% of American males and just less than ___ of American females suffer from antisocial personality disorder. → Piaget and Cooley
Antisocial personality disorder behavior patterns tend to be... → Aggressive, irresponsible, and antisocial
Schizotypal personality disorder characteristics → Constellations of enduring, maladaptive, and rigid personality traits that impair functioning in a variety of social contexts and are injurious to the sufferer and/ or others.