5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Blockage of pulmonary blood flow by a clot or similar obstruction is
- They branch from the trachea at the carina.
- The pneumotaxic center of the pons
- The partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the interstitial space of peripheral tissues is approximately
- Air entering the body is filtered, warmed, and humidified by the
- a 45 mm Hg
- b pulmonary embolism
- c primary bronchi
- d upper respiratory tract.
- e suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
5 Multiple choice questions
- it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
- the volume of the thorax increases.
- bound to hemoglobin.
5 True/False questions
Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________. → primary bronchi
Large airborne particles are filtered by → hairs in the nasal vestibule
Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the → lips
The term hypercapnia refers to → movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
Decompression sickness is a painful condition that develops when a person is exposed to a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure. Bubbles of ________ gas are responsible for the problem. → nitrogen