5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The process by which dissolved gases are exchanged between the blood and interstitial fluids is
- Which of the following organs is not part of the lower respiratory system?
- The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is
- The partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the interstitial space of peripheral tissues is approximately
- ________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle.
- a internal respiration
- b 45 mm Hg
- c Tidal volume
- d oropharynx
- e torr.
5 Multiple choice questions
- pulmonary embolism
- respiratory distress syndrome.
- 4, 1, 2, 7, 5, 3, 6
- the volume of the thorax increases.
- bound to hemoglobin.
5 True/False questions
Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the → lips
Decompression sickness is a painful condition that develops when a person is exposed to a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure. Bubbles of ________ gas are responsible for the problem. → pseudostratified ciliated columnar epithelium.
An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as → acute epiglottitis
Alveolar ventilation refers to the → movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________. → primary bronchi