5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as
- Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________.
- The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is
- Alveolar ventilation refers to the
- When the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles contract,
- a acute epiglottitis
- b extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
- c torr.
- d movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
- e the volume of the thorax increases.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- upper respiratory tract.
- it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
- bound to hemoglobin.
- Tidal volume
5 True/False Questions
The term hypercapnia refers to → elevated PCO2.
The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the → epiglottis
The condition resulting from inadequate production of surfactant and the resultant collapse of alveoli is → torr.
The respiratory epithelium of the conducting airways consists of → pseudostratified ciliated columnar epithelium.
The pneumotaxic center of the pons → elevated PCO2.