5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The term hypercapnia refers to
- Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the
- The actual sites of gas exchange within the lungs are
- The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the
- Which of the following organs is not part of the lower respiratory system?
- a lower respiratory tract
- b lips
- c alveoli.
- d oropharynx
- e elevated PCO2.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
- movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
- primary bronchi
- an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
5 True/False Questions
When the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles contract, → primary bronchi
The pneumotaxic center of the pons → suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
The partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the interstitial space of peripheral tissues is approximately → epiglottis
Air entering the body is filtered, warmed, and humidified by the → hairs in the nasal vestibule
Large airborne particles are filtered by → elevated PCO2.