5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is
- The pneumotaxic center of the pons
- ________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle.
- Large airborne particles are filtered by
- Decompression sickness is a painful condition that develops when a person is exposed to a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure. Bubbles of ________ gas are responsible for the problem.
- a torr.
- b nitrogen
- c hairs in the nasal vestibule
- d Tidal volume
- e suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
5 Multiple choice questions
- pulmonary embolism
- lower respiratory tract
- upper respiratory tract.
- acute epiglottitis
5 True/False questions
Which of the following organs is not part of the lower respiratory system? → oropharynx
Asthma is → an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
The term hypercapnia refers to → movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
The process by which dissolved gases are exchanged between the blood and interstitial fluids is → internal respiration
Alveolar ventilation refers to the → movement of air into and out of the alveoli.