5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following organs is not part of the lower respiratory system?
- Decompression sickness is a painful condition that develops when a person is exposed to a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure. Bubbles of ________ gas are responsible for the problem.
- ________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle.
- When the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles contract,
- The term hypercapnia refers to
- a the volume of the thorax increases.
- b Tidal volume
- c nitrogen
- d elevated PCO2.
- e oropharynx
5 Multiple choice questions
- internal respiration
- movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
- acute epiglottitis
- an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
- pulmonary embolism
5 True/False questions
Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the → lips
Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________. → primary bronchi
The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is → oropharynx
The condition resulting from inadequate production of surfactant and the resultant collapse of alveoli is → torr.
The partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the interstitial space of peripheral tissues is approximately → epiglottis