5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the interstitial space of peripheral tissues is approximately
- ________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle.
- The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the
- Which of the following organs is not part of the lower respiratory system?
- Asthma is
- a Tidal volume
- b 45 mm Hg
- c oropharynx
- d lower respiratory tract
- e an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as → it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
The condition resulting from inadequate production of surfactant and the resultant collapse of alveoli is → torr.
Alveolar ventilation refers to the → elevated PCO2.
The pneumotaxic center of the pons → elevated PCO2.
The process by which dissolved gases are exchanged between the blood and interstitial fluids is → internal respiration