5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The condition resulting from inadequate production of surfactant and the resultant collapse of alveoli is
- Blockage of pulmonary blood flow by a clot or similar obstruction is
- Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________.
- Which of the following organs is not part of the lower respiratory system?
- Decompression sickness is a painful condition that develops when a person is exposed to a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure. Bubbles of ________ gas are responsible for the problem.
- a nitrogen
- b respiratory distress syndrome.
- c extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
- d oropharynx
- e pulmonary embolism
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- primary bronchi
- an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
- it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
- the volume of the thorax increases.
- suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
5 True/False Questions
The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is → torr.
Air entering the body is filtered, warmed, and humidified by the → hairs in the nasal vestibule
The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the → lower respiratory tract
The partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the interstitial space of peripheral tissues is approximately → epiglottis
The actual sites of gas exchange within the lungs are → suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla