5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Blockage of pulmonary blood flow by a clot or similar obstruction is
- Most of the oxygen transported by the blood is
- ________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle.
- The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is
- The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the
- a lower respiratory tract
- b bound to hemoglobin.
- c pulmonary embolism
- d Tidal volume
- e torr.
5 Multiple choice questions
- it allows better conditioning of the inhaled air.
- extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
- internal respiration
- pseudostratified ciliated columnar epithelium.
- the volume of the thorax increases.
5 True/False questions
The condition resulting from inadequate production of surfactant and the resultant collapse of alveoli is → respiratory distress syndrome.
The term hypercapnia refers to → movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
Which of the following organs is not part of the lower respiratory system? → bound to hemoglobin.
The pneumotaxic center of the pons → suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
Asthma is → an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways