5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The condition resulting from inadequate production of surfactant and the resultant collapse of alveoli is
- An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as
- The term hypercapnia refers to
- When the diaphragm and external intercostal muscles contract,
- They branch from the trachea at the carina.
- a respiratory distress syndrome.
- b the volume of the thorax increases.
- c primary bronchi
- d acute epiglottitis
- e elevated PCO2.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- hairs in the nasal vestibule
- 45 mm Hg
5 True/False Questions
Primary bronchi are to ________ as secondary bronchi are to ________. → extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
Alveolar ventilation refers to the → elevated PCO2.
Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the → lips
Asthma is → an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
The following is a list of some airways.
1. secondary bronchus
3. alveolar ducts
4. primary bronchus
5. respiratory bronchiole
7. terminal bronchiole
The order in which air passes through is → extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi