5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Components of the upper respiratory system include all of the following, except the
- Air entering the body is filtered, warmed, and humidified by the
- Alveolar ventilation refers to the
- They branch from the trachea at the carina.
- The unit of measurement for pressure preferred by many respiratory therapists is
- a upper respiratory tract.
- b primary bronchi
- c lips
- d movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
- e torr.
5 Multiple choice questions
- hairs in the nasal vestibule
- suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
- internal respiration
5 True/False questions
The respiratory epithelium of the conducting airways consists of → suppresses the expiratory center in the medulla
The term hypercapnia refers to → movement of air into and out of the alveoli.
The following is a list of some airways.
1. secondary bronchus
3. alveolar ducts
4. primary bronchus
5. respiratory bronchiole
7. terminal bronchiole
The order in which air passes through is → extrapulmonary bronchi; intrapulmonary bronchi
Asthma is → an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as → acute epiglottitis