5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ________ is the amount of air that moves into the respiratory system during a single respiratory cycle.
- Most of the oxygen transported by the blood is
- Blockage of pulmonary blood flow by a clot or similar obstruction is
- The respiratory epithelium of the conducting airways consists of
- An acute infection of the throat that can lead to swelling and closure of the glottis and cause suffocation is known as
- a Tidal volume
- b pulmonary embolism
- c acute epiglottitis
- d bound to hemoglobin.
- e pseudostratified ciliated columnar epithelium.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the volume of the thorax increases.
- respiratory distress syndrome.
5 True/False Questions
The partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the interstitial space of peripheral tissues is approximately → epiglottis
The process by which dissolved gases are exchanged between the blood and interstitial fluids is → alveoli.
The larynx, trachea, bronchi, and bronchioles all make up the → epiglottis
Asthma is → an acute condition resulting from unusually sensitive, irritated conducting airways
Air entering the body is filtered, warmed, and humidified by the → hairs in the nasal vestibule